EMS company Mottos

ffemt819

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in a predominately white rural service on the back of our ambulances, they all have stickers in the window that say "Say no to racism" - don't ask.....

Above our gas tank, someone as a joke took a permanent marker and wrote DIESEL ONLY DUMMIES on a piece of tape, yeah and the next day, went to fill the buggy up and guess what ? Guy put UNLEADED in the tank ! (not my partner, gas station attendant, then told us to run the thing that it would be fine....uh yeah)

Our engines and buggies all have on the side 9/11/01- all gave some, some gave all (which I actually like, reminds me why I get in that truck each day)

• 1 month later...
I still contend EMS company mottos to be high on the list of things that dumb down the profession. EG: UPS has a motto, USPS has a motto, dominos has a motto, and EMS has a motto?

WTF?

How many police departments have a motto? How many doctors services have "millions and millions served" outside their offices?

Its stupid.

I have seen a lot of Police cars with a variation of "to serve and protect" on them. Some have something somilar to "protecting (insert town) since (insert year).

Guest Beegers

As I've posted previously (which is now my former employer)...

The employees were going around saying when the company was (and still is) desperate for EMTs... "Pulse Medical Transportation...If you have a pulse, You're Hired!"

I know some of our fire companies have mottos on the trucks, but I don't recall any of them right now.

I don't think my ambulance does. All it has is a picture of Garfield the cat in an EMS uniform that one of our former members drew.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.