Anyone here run a CPR/First Aid/AED/EMT program in California?

Ivan_13

Hello,

Does anyone here currently run, or have experience running a CPR/First Aid training program?

I am looking into running my own training center, with hopes of eventually expanding into an EMT training center as well. 

Thanks!

AHA recognized courses or other type?

I have a couple of people in my home state of Missouri that do this.  they do not do AHA CPR courses because of the need to be attached to a recognized training site.  They do a generic style first aid and CPR course which are all over the place.  

I think you need to determine which groups courses  you want to teach before you go any further.  

I wish you luck but it seems that you would already face some stiff competition with all the EMT training centers already out there in California.  

4 hours ago, Just Plain Ruff said:

AHA recognized courses or other type?

I have a couple of people in my home state of Missouri that do this.  they do not do AHA CPR courses because of the need to be attached to a recognized training site.  They do a generic style first aid and CPR course which are all over the place.  

I think you need to determine which groups courses  you want to teach before you go any further.  

I wish you luck but it seems that you would already face some stiff competition with all the EMT training centers already out there in California.  

Preferably AHA courses. I am an aha instructor already, but starting up a new training center seems damn near impossible. 

20 minutes ago, Ivan_13 said:

Preferably AHA courses. I am an aha instructor already, but starting up a new training center seems damn near impossible. 

Yeah, I believe your training center needs to be attached to a Recognized training site and unless you can meet the requirements of the AHA to do that, it is very very difficult.  

why not go this route, not be a actual training site but a satellite site under an existing Training site, something to think about.