EMT City 2nd sort of annual reunion

Just Plain Ruff

Ok, so the title is a misnomer,  it's more of a 2nd bi-decade EMT City reunion.  

I'm going to be putting out a couple of suggested locations, only one of the locations I'm able to coordinate and also a couple of months for the reunion.  I can pick the places we meet depending on the months we decide to meet and the food but of course only if this is in Kansas City.  Nashville and or Colorado springs or elsewhere needs to be coordinated by someone else.  

This is simply the beginning of a discussion and there is no guarantee this will get off the ground, we already tried this one time 5 or so years ago and it flopped.  So Respond back with three answers here see the end of the post for the questions:

Locations(locations not all the way to the coast and one smack in the middle of the country)

1.  Kansas City MO (this is the location I can coordinate)

2.  Nashville, TN

3.  Colorado Springs, CO

Dates: (I'm out for June too much crap for work)

February 2018

April 2018

July 2018

Questions to answer

1.  Could you make it to a reunion and are you interested in something like this?

2. Which of the three cities is more preferable to you.  

3.  Which month is more palatable?

Answer these three questions - I will keep this post open for a month or so to gauge interest.  And then if enough interest is there then we can move on to step 2 - which is pick the city and the date and begin determining the cost.  

Private questions can be sent to ruffems@gmail.com

One thing, if only 5 or so people agree to a reunion it's going to have to be Kansas city or it won't be worth the effort honestly.  

not trying to be a debbie downer but the effort to put something like this on is tremendous and takes a masters degree in event planning.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the effort. I was hoping it would come together. I'm not sure it's realistic for me to make plans that far out, but I was optimistic that once y'all had it worked out I could find a way to go. I miss this place. I wish it was like it used to be. I learned SO much here.

10 hours ago, medicgirl05 said:

Thanks for the effort. I was hoping it would come together. I'm not sure it's realistic for me to make plans that far out, but I was optimistic that once y'all had it worked out I could find a way to go. I miss this place. I wish it was like it used to be. I learned SO much here.

I have the feeling that this place will never be like it was 2 years ago.  We're lucky if we get 3 new posts a week and most people posting post on previous threads.  

Facebook has really hit this place hard.  

I'd like to think this place started it all, though. The idea of EMS people coming to a place to not only bond, but also to mentor to provide advice from an academic perspective, instead of the ricky rescue perspective. It was the #1 largest influence in my EMS career, as it set up my foundation.

On 12/16/2017 at 5:37 PM, AnthonyM83 said:

I'd like to think this place started it all, though. The idea of EMS people coming to a place to not only bond, but also to mentor to provide advice from an academic perspective, instead of the ricky rescue perspective. It was the #1 largest influence in my EMS career, as it set up my foundation.

Absolutely agree Anthony, 

• 2 weeks later...

I took a hiatus from social media while focusing on school this fall, sorry to have dropped off the face.  I'd love to meet up and obviously Colorado Springs would be the closest, but I can try and make other things work as well.

Sorry Ruff!

Katie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.