Becoming A EMT. HELP!!

Katie-Jean

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm English and would love to be a paramedic in America. I always wanted to move to america and I have always wanted to be a Paramedic, I know how to do it in England however I have no clue how I can do it in America, I know I would have to take my SATS, but from there I'm Lost can anyone help ?! 

Each State has its own process and requirements.
You should be able to visit State Departments of Health to get basic information on the certification process.
Coming to live and work in America You'll also need things like a work Visa and to meet residency and immigration requirements.
I would suggest seeking out an international exchange program to assist you.
There are various programs for foreign born educational credit, some digging on the internet will get you some info on education equivalency and the processes to obtain it.
Bottom line, whosoever offers you an opinion (myself included) Just remember to research the States, and all your options, chose those that will lead you to happiness and contentment. Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

If you mean SAT exams like for college, no you don't have to. Most programs are either community college level or certificate programs. If done right the process should take you about 2 years from start to finish. This includes a 4-6 months EMT-Basic program, working as an EMT for 6 months before starting medic school and then another year for paramuppet studies. Good luck and if you have a choice, I'd go to Canada.

Or come to Kansas City, KC Fire has a tremendous need for paramedics.  If they paid what I am making currently, I would be back on the truck in a heartbeat.  They just need to come up about 25K starting salary and then I'd make the jump.  but alas, all the money that I make in a year is spent so it's not meant to be.