Interview questions

1.)How old were you when you decided or thought about becoming a paramedic 

2.) What was your college experience? 

3.) How many years did it take to graduate? 

4.) What could you give to someone going into the business? 

5.) what is your American dream? 

6.) is it achievable? 

8.) if you could live your life all over again  would you become a paramedic again? Why ke why not?

9.) Was this your first choice of a career? 

10.) was there a time when you wanted to give up? 

If you answered these questions thank you so much. I'm writing a college and career essay and I'm interested in talking this as a job. 

1. I was 17.

2. I took some college classes in high school, but finished my paramedic before I took many classes. Now I have quite a few credits that don't amount to much of anything because I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up.

3. The paramedic program was 2 years, I haven't graduated college.

4. I would give a word of warning-EMS is hard on your body, and when you aren't able to lift anymore your options are very limited.

5. My American dream is financial security.

6. I sure hope so!

8. I probably would choose a different route. Lots of years as a paramedic has jaded my thinking and I'm sometimes haunted by the things I've seen. Plus my back is now blown so I'm having a hard time finding a decent paying job.

9. No. I wanted to be a dr and this seemed like a stepping stone.

10. There were many times I wanted to give up, I just couldn't see a way out. I worked a murder/suicide and just about couldn't make myself go to work the next shift, but I just kept pushing on.

Good luck on your paper.

• Like 1

1.)How old were you when you decided or thought about becoming a paramedic -  19 on the scene of a bad wreck with no equipment and a 40 minute response time from a rural ambulance.  watched a family die from their injuries.  Knew at that moment I wanted to be a medic. I always wanted to be but that solidified it. 

2.) What was your college experience? 2 years in junior college getting prerequisites for 4 year college - then went to UMKC and also got my emt and medic as well. 

3.) How many years did it take to graduate? 6

4.) What could you give to someone going into the business? Don't rush it.  You have your entire life to do this job.  

5.) what is your American dream?  to own 10000 acres overlooking the mountains of Colorado or the Rockies somewhere.  

6.) is it achievable?  no freaking way.  

8.) if you could live your life all over again  would you become a paramedic again? Why ke why not?  Yes I would, but I'd do it differently and get my degree first and not a degree in sociology, but a degree in Information Technology or something tradeskill related.  My bachelors degree is Useless.  

9.) Was this your first choice of a career? Yes

10.) was there a time when you wanted to give up?  My first day on the job my first call was a adult code, then a couple of general call, then we worked a trauma code and then my last call was a pedi code.  I nearly didn't come back.  but I did and I put all three of those codes in the locked room in my brain and they don't get to come out.  Over the years, that room has turned into two rooms.  The key is an electronic keypad that only two other people know the code.  My wife and my best medic friend.  We change the code about every 5 years.  You Cannot trust the NSA any further than you can throw em. 

Edited by Just Plain Ruff
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.