Looking for a Summer EMT-Course in Houston?

Hey guys, I'm a high school senior and I'm looking to get my EMT-B certification over the summer. I'm currently in Houston but I will be going to San Antonio for college my freshman year and I'd like to join the volunteer firefighter department there but AFAIK they require an EMT-B certification to join.

Does anyone know of any programs in Houston that would still take new applicants? Its extremely annoying since one of the requirements for most programs is a high school diploma, but I don't graduate and get my diploma for another two weeks.

Thanks!

did you call any of those programs that you mentioned as needing a HS diploma?  I would think that if you called one of them,  maybe San Jacinto college is one I found, they might take your closeness to graduation into account, admit you as a provisional student and then you just have to provide them with your diploma as soon as you get it.  

I find the best thing to do in these situations is to make phone calls and explain  your situation.  

No Julia needed. 

I started my EMT-B class during my senior year of high school as a provisional student. I couldn't take national registry until I turned 18. If you call and explain I'm sure they will make an exception. Wharton has a pretty awesome EMS program. I'm not sure of the other programs in Houston.

But Julia would write and tell in most generic terms how altruistic it is of this person to take this class.  

But honestly, phone calls are important here.  You never know what the real answer is unless you talk to someone and get it from the source of truth.