Australia paramedic

timmy22

have you done any research on this at all?  

Dr. Google is your friend,  a simple "how to become a paramedic in australia" netted me lots of information.  I suggest you do the same.  

I don't know much about Paramedics in Australia but there are several aussie medics here but I don't know how active they are on this forum.  

Several quesitons 

1.  Why do you want to be a paramedic in Australia - 

2.  Are you prepared to move to Australia and work there?  I don't believe paramedic is a essential job anymore so you would have to go through all the rigamorole of getting immigration status and you probably would not get it.  It's called Right to Work and these are the requirements to be qualified: 

an Australian citizen: a birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current passport is proof of eligibility. a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport: you are allowed to stay and work in Australiawithout restriction.

3.  Their jobs aren't much different than medics in the states but the do go to more school if I remember right.  

Good luck if you are serious about this quest you are on.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.