Where has everyone gone?

Just Plain Ruff

I'm concerned,  where has everyone gone?  I only see the same regular posters, and when a new person comes in, they see topics that have sat there for months without replies or with single or a smattering of replies.  

When a new poster comes in and introduces himself/herself, they get about 5 hellos and welcomes and then that's it.  

i remember this sites heyday's and I honestly believe I see the fading sun of this site.  I can log in on monday and there are no new posts,  on a tuesday there is a response to a post and then it will go 3-4 more days before another post is added.  Some days may have 4 or 5 responses but that's it.  

Admin, what are your thoughts?  it's your site!!  how long can you keep up with this limited amount of traffic?  

I think the the so called "video killed the radio star" mantra can be had here,  Facebook groups, honestly a better alternative because it's instant and everyone is on Facebook.  

Unfortunately, this seems to be an accurate observation. I, myself am guilty of it, as I always seem to have at least 75-100 FB communications from friends and groups, daily, and I try to look at all of them.
The problem with EMT City moving to FB is that you can't find old postings after a certain amount of time, so the same questions will be asked again and again.

I have 4 facebook groups that are EMS related.  All provide immediate feedback on responses via my phone.  If I want to review the responses on EMTCity, I have to log into my account on my computer and review the posts here.  

Plus honestly,  many of the posts on my EMS groups on facebook are more EMS related than any have been here for ages.  Not bashing this site but honestly,  When's the last time we had a discussion on the merits of Frozen fluids in the ambulance and what danger they might pose to patients if reused?  

Depends on the type of fluid and the bag in which it's stored. ;)

Personally I've been otherwise engaged taking a Critical Care Paramedic program (2 years of didactic and precepting). I'm at the halfway mark now. On the plus side it's employer sponsored so I'm not in the poor house while doing the program.

I have noticed the same. I don't have the answers other than to say that a forum is only as good as its contributors. One of the 'rival' EMS sites don't see to be suffering quite as much, so I don't think it's a case of everybody having crossed over to Facebook. 

I have an account on the Book of Face, but I rarely go there. There have been so many issues with cyber attacks and things like that through the accounts. I'm not even sure why I keep it.

The other thing is that employers are really big about using it to check on current and potential employees. There have been a lot of people who have committed occupational suicide by FB.

I prefer online.