HELP!!

lydster94

HELP!!! I've come here in search of people interested in the same things I am. And also to meet people who can maybe help. I am trying to pass National Registry, and it is kicking my butt! I have one more chance before I have to retake the entire class. I don't want to do THAT. I have done literally everything I can think of. I have bought books, reread books, reviewed notes till my eyes felt like they're bleeding. I take practice exams. I tried to hook up with my schools free tutor program, but that didn't work out. I really don't know what else to do. I am not dumb (this test is really making me question that though). Any help would be appreciated! What worked for you? What did you do differently?

Please help anyone!

ok,  how long do you have till you no longer have a chance to take the test?  Is there a time cut off for you?

If you do not have a drop dead date then this is what I would do if I was in your shoes.  

1.  I would first take off at least two weeks from doing anything school related.  Dont' open a book, don't read a journal don't do anything EMT/EMS related.  This might just break the cycle or log jam in your head.  Don't even look at facebook posts relating to EMS. 

2.  Take each of your test results and look at what you failed - is there a pattern?  Or did you fail at different things each different test.  

Now take what you passed and do a cursory review of those items, make sure you know those well.  If you consistently passed those items, then you should(I say should but you never know) be good there.  

Now take what you failed,  did you fail one category or multiple.  

Tackle each category until you know it backwards and forwards.  

On the 24 hours prior to the test, do not open a book, do not study, don't think you can add one more thing to your knowledge base,  take that day off and just chill with friends, go to a movie, have a great dinner but don't get drunk if you drink.  Just relax the day before the test.  

One caveat, if you consistently failed multiple categories each test, then there may be more to your knowledgebase than you want to admit to.  Not saying this to bust your chops but most people who fail the test multiple times fail it for two reasons I've found.  One, critical test anxiety and they just freak out on the test and do horribly OR - their knowledge base is horrible and they didn't learn the basics of what they should have.  NOT saying this is you, but here is one suggestion if you fall into the category of consistently failing multiple categories on the test  Look into a EMT refresher class prior to taking the test for the final time.  It might be the best money you ever spent.  Just some friendly advice.  Not saying this applies to your situation but it might.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.