New EMT student

April79

I did my EMT-B in 5 weeks when I was 16 and I definitely still had a life through that course.  Not sure how doing it over 4 months you couldn't have a life outside of class.  Hell even in nursing school and my masters program I still have a family I spend time with, 15 month old toddler I run around with, gym membership I keep active, and work 40+ hours a week.  If you can't find time for a life outside of EMS, then you will burn out and won't last.  You also might want to read a book or figure out time management skills.

To the OP:  Congrats on starting this fun, amazing, and incredible rewarding career!  Check in with us often if you have questions, there are decades of experience available to you on this site!

I took my EMT-B class while still in high school full time and working 30+ hours a week. That class should not be that difficult. Even my paramedic course was taken while working full time and still having a life. If it is that difficult there is some other issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.