Will a suspended driver's license due to no proof of insurance 3 years ago hinder me from being employed as an EMT?

My car was insured at the time but I didn't print off a copy of it because life was busy and I was pulled over for a busted tail light. It was corrected through the court, all they had to do was look up information with my insurance company. It's on my driving record permanently however and didn't know if I had to wait any amount of time to be employed by an ambulance service. As I was told some departments will hire after 10 years of a DL suspension.

I went through the class and took the national registry and passed.

I live in the Tulsa metropolitan area also.

Not likely.  But just to be sure, you should call your State department of EMS and talk to them.  There are so many variables depending on states that we really cannot answer this here unless someone from Oklahoma were to answer.  But in Missouri, it more than likely would not.  

Failure to provide proof of insurance in missouri is a non-moving violation(I believe) and that doesn't go against you.  But again, don't take my word for it, take the state's word.  

It might.  As mentioned you'll need to contact the State to see if there are any state restrictions that may be in effect.  You'll also need to talk to any potential employer.  Your trouble will more likely come from the employer's insurance carrier than it will from the State level.  If the employer's insurance carrier says no you're out of luck.

You may want to hire a lawyer and see if there are legal means to have it removed. 

yes, what mike said,  more than likely your trouble will come not from the State but from the employer.  

Do what you can to get rid of it off your record if possible.  It may not be.  

But again, with it being a non-moving violation, that's a better chance of it not being an issue than a moving violation such as speeding or running a red light or DWI or God forbid the leaving the scene of a a fatality accident while driving drunk.  OY VEY.  I had a applicant in one of our hiring pools tell us that he had that on his record.  We couldn't tell him where the door was quick enough.  He kept telling us he was trying to make amends for his wayward actions.  We told him to go do it some other way, EMS was not for him.  

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic