Private?

There is no answer for this question.  Privates are different depending on where you work.  In some areas they do 911 stuff while in other parts of the country they only do IFTs and renal roundup/discharges.  If you have a specific company and location in mind, you might get some valuable information.

some privates services are good, some private ambulance services are bad,  someone touching your privates can be good, someone touching them can be bad.  Depends upon the situation which is what you have with Private ambulance services.

I've worked for both, and let me tell you, it runs the gamut of which I'd rather have touching my privates.  I had one service that gave me a 1K bonus at christmas and treated me and the group really really well until AMR Bought em and then they went to hell in a hand basket and the work environment just sucked donkey balls after that.  

You really have to do your homework.  

Find the crews parked waiting for calls and talk to them, get their feel and bring em water and that will help bring them out of their shell to open up to you maybe.   

But again,  you have to do your homework.

When you are doing your clinicals in the hospital, ask the hospital staff what they think of XYZ service?  They will tell you.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ERDoc said:

I think Ruff wins the internet today.

I never win anything,  last time I won something it was a participation award on a baseball team that had a record of 2 and 31 and I had a total of 4 at bats and 1 hour of playing time.  My dad wouldn't let me quit because he had paid 550 bucks for the uniform and fees for me to be on the team.  Yes I truly sucked and honestly didn't deserve a participation award, but I won it because everyone gets a participation award.  I vowed from then on out that I would never allow my kids to get those types of awards if they didn't contribute to the teams success.  

Yesterday's award was not for participation, it was for your written brilliance.  The way you wove a tail comparing working for a private ambulance service to having your genitals fondled was pure genius.  If we still had forum signatures, I would have made your quote my signature.  You truly won the internet yesterday.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.