Cardiogenic Shock

Okay guys I have been staring at the same question for about an hour, and could not find anything online.
Question is--->

Which of the following is NOT a compensatory mechanism in cardiogenic shock?

A.) Increased parasympathetic tone               C.) Dromotropy

B.) Inotropy                                                      D.) Chronotropy

I think it is dromotropy, but if anyone could provide any insight or assistance, it would be greatly appreciated! TIA

Possibly Some of your answer is found in this article:  http://www.emsworld.com/article/10324484/cardiogenic-shock

But I think your answer might be found here  http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/dromotropic  but aren't we talking about heart muscle and not nerves here and if so, then dromotropic deals directly with Nerves so this is probably your answer.  

Smarter people should and most likely will weigh in to give a better answer.  Mike, ERDoc or anyone else.  

Not looking at those links (I'm too lazy) I'm going to say A - Increased parasympathetic tone.

Here's why- All of the others have to do with a rise in sympathetic nervous system tone. We never use the term 'dromotropy' or dromotropic in clinical practice unless we're trying to confuse someone that we're teaching for the fun of it. We just say things like "increases or decreases A-V node conduction" or something like that.

So, positive dromotropes are most of our sympathomimetics, with the notable exception of phenylephrine.

Hello,

This is a foolish question.  It all depends upon the cause of the Cardiogenic Shock.  MI? Valve Problem?  Infection?  Genetic? Auto-Immune?

So, I guess I would pick A as well....

1 hour ago, DartmouthDave said:

Hello,

This is a foolish question.  It all depends upon the cause of the Cardiogenic Shock.  MI? Valve Problem?  Infection?  Genetic? Auto-Immune?

So, I guess I would pick A as well....

The sympathetic compensatory response is to the shock state, not the cause of shock. So it is a bit of a curve to single out 'cardiogenic shock' in the way the question was asked. The compensatory response would be "fight or flight" regardless of the cause of 'shock'.