Only goes up from here..!

C.La

Hello all,

I am fairly new to this site and have already had the chance to converse with a few of you. For those about whom I speak, thank you for the welcome.

A quick intro so you have an idea of who I am:

Last spring (2015) I had the opportunity to take an EMT-B course sponsored by my volunteer fire department. I am coming up on 1 1/2 years as a member of the team and am pretty sure I have found my niche in the world. There is something about working in emergency medicine that makes me feel it is exactly where I am supposed to be. Currently I function as a volunteer EMT-B but I am pursing further education. Other than that, I am studying to become an RN and work part-time as an assistant in a level I pediatric trauma center. All of these things have been a huge blessing to me and I can't write this without tipping my hat to the God who made it all happen. The story of how I came to take the plunge into emergency medicine is both exciting and mixed with some very sad, dark memories. But through all of that, I been lucky enough to meet some incredible professionals who truly love their jobs. This community seems to be filled with more of the same and I am excited to be a part of it.

One day I hope to be a flight nurse, or some type of emergency medical professional, on an international plane. This is a long-term goal, and it may never happen, but I believe it is good to aim high and always keep learning in order to provide the best patient care. If any of you have similar interests and want to talk don't hesitate to PM me; I'd like to get to know more people who share the same passions as I do.

Thanks for reading,

Chris

the journey is more rewarding than many people realize. When you get to the position you are happy with you will have so many experience to look back on. It's great you have goals.

"goals without timelines are just dreams"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.