Make a living in Billings MT as an EMT Basic?

Michael Held

Welcome. 

I don't know that I have any specific information to help you. Cost of living differences need to be balanced with differences in income. You'll have to look at what you'll be paid in a job there, if you have one lined up, and budget accordingly. 

Ultimately, though, what you will earn is what will determine whether or not you can afford to live there. 

I'm sure you've already started but research the local job market thoroughly. Don't be caught off guard. 

Thanks for your reply! Just various salary and cost-of-living websites, and general searches, looked at EMT forums, etc. I was hoping there might be someone here who either has actual experience or knows someone who does, so as to get the real story on the local market. I also called the Montana licensing dept. with other questions, and slipped this into the conversation. They didn't have much info other than that rural areas are all volunteer (which I had assumed).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.