Problems Getting to Your Phone

Problems Getting to Phone  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have issues getting to your phone when you're working, especially in emergency situations?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you said yes, would you invest money into a sturdy piece of equipmemt to solve the issue?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't carry my phone into emergency situations, I spent too much money on my phone to risk losing it to a job that won't reimburse me if it's lost.  

I don't carry my phone into emergency situations, I spent too much money on my phone to risk losing it to a job that won't reimburse me if it's lost.  

The point of the product we have in mind to solve this issue is meant to hold your phone indefinitely, in all situations. There's no way your phone would fall out, unless your unit got smashed by a sledgehammer while it's still on your arm. (It may seem like a ridiculous situation, but that's the point of what I'm saying.)

I dont' get it.  If the phone is to be held indefinately then what's the point?  If the product is to hold the phone indefinately, is it meant to allow you to get it out while working or what? 

More clarification as to what your device is meant to do would be good.  My advice is to give us some better ideas about what you have in mind for your product.  

Plus not busting your balls but your survey is flawed.  Question 2 is required but I voted No on question number 1 and it made me answer question #2 when the actual question was if you answered Yes on question number 1 I was to answer question #2.  My answer was No on #1 and it should not have made me answer number 2

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic

What would be different about this product vs. What is already on the market? Life proof cases and otter boxes provide pretty good protection. In our system we do use our phones to communicate with hospitals and supervisors. 

Perhaps what would be helpful here is reading what problem the OP is attempting to solve. 

What's the problem with getting to our phones?  What problems getting to our phones are of concern to you?  How are you defining "emergency situations"?

There's too much that's unknown for anyone to be able to reasonable answer any question put forth by the OP at this point.  More clarification is needed.

Much more.

Here is one thing that is missing with phones.  You are driving down the road, you have your phone on the seat next to you.  You drive off the road and into a ditch.  You are trapped in the car.  Your phone is on the floor of the car just out of reach.  It is 2am and the road is very lightly travelled.  How do you get to your phone to make a 911 phone call?  

Aside from Onstar there isn't really anything.  

The only thing I know of that bridges that gap is the samsung watch that I wear or I think the apple watch but only if you have the emergency notification function enabled.  You press your watch button three times and it sends out texts or 911 calls depending on how you have it set up.  

Not sure if this is something the OP is wanting to work on but probably not.  

I daresay we need much more info from this poster before we can help him more. 

Yeah, sorry, we didn't have the product entirely worked out when I set up this post. Basically, our product is going to be tightened onto the outside of your forearm. It'll look like the picture I have on my profile, which is our first (and only) prototype as of yet. It'll hold the phone securely in the product, while also giving you full access to the screen, and it will (hopefully) come with a rechargeable portable phone battery with a built-in flashlight. If it doesn't come with it, they don't cost much, and we'll include the specific battery we designed it for in the description of the product. So you'll never have to worry about your phone falling out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.