EMT suspended for helping choking 7yr old girl

emt2359

Shouldn't the school have had a nurse or teacher that could have rendered aid to the little girl? 

Due to budget cuts, you will find that many schools have a nurse only on grounds at specified times.  I know that the schools in my parents district, they have 3 nurses to cover 11 schools.  So the nurse has specified hours for each school each day to go and administer any medication that the little bundles of joy require.  It is up to the office staff or the teachers to provide immediate care on the other times and then either call the parents or 911 to get the help that is needed when the nurse is not there.  Sad aint it?  

I rmember when I was in school, there was a nurse on site from 6am to 4pm every day in each school.  Not anymore.  

In the district that we live in right now, I'm not sure about but our kids are homeschooled so it's not a issue for us.  As for this district involved, I don't know if there was a nurse or not, but even if there was, I suspect that this child would still have the same outcome because it seems like no-one on site knew what the hell to do.  But again, we can't rush to judgement here because we are relying on the media to present us the facts and we all know how "kind" the media is when it comes to sensational stories like this.  

Either way, the district is going to be run through the ringer on this one and if it turns out that they should be, then rightly so, but let's not rush to judgement here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.