Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

I am alive. Have traveled to the Four Corners of the Globe and back...have done a million things most only dream about (nightmares included). Got lost in it all, had some setbacks, challenges, lawsuits, PTSD, mid-life crisis, therapy, revaluation of all things important and redesigning my life going forward. I REALLY need to get busy writing my book....would make a great screen play as well, has everything a good action/drama needs and then some. 

Bought a part time home in a very rural area, still flip flop between FL and my new home. Took a per diem job where nobody knows me just so I can be "on the ambo" again. Started two new companies and doing government work.

Talked with Dust's mom recently via FB...was purging some old picture folders and I ran across a bunch from the FIRST and ONLY EMT City Meet Up in Orlando...she had never seen them so I shared with her.

Blog time?

Hey everyone...

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 5:47 AM, akflightmedic said:

Talked with Dust's mom recently via FB...was purging some old picture folders and I ran across a bunch from the FIRST and ONLY EMT City Meet Up in Orlando...she had never seen them so I shared with her.

Blog time?

Hey everyone...

If you care to share those pictures I'd love to have some of them.  Being one of the charter members of that group, I'd like to have some of those memories.  Damn that weekend was fun.  

AK, Dust, Dwayne, Mateo, mateo's mightily pretty cousin, AK's ever accomodating wife, AK's exceedingly polite and really really smart kids, and the clubhouse we took over and spent many hours playing pool, trading stories and the picture to end all pictures that AK shared.  

I'll never forget it.  AK, one of the few great EMS God's that still remain.  

There will never be another EMT City reunion in my lifetime and I just turned 50, so I don't have that many years left.  

9 hours ago, Just Plain Ruff said:

There will never be another EMT City reunion in my lifetime and I just turned 50, so I don't have that many years left.  

Haha, you poor old fart.... the ancient and debilitating Half Century! I wish I could go back to that and realize how great an age it was! , incidentally, would be very interested in Reunion 2.0 if there are enough of us old farts left still above ground. Any takers?

12 hours ago, MedicNorth said:

Haha, you poor old fart.... the ancient and debilitating Half Century! I wish I could go back to that and realize how great an age it was! , incidentally, would be very interested in Reunion 2.0 if there are enough of us old farts left still above ground. Any takers?

I'm interested but it would have to be within driving distance of the metro area of KC MO.  I'm getting pretty poor in my old age and I'm just not able to afford any long trips anymore.  A 1 day drive one way, then a day for the reunion, then an overnight and then drive back would be about the extent of what I could afford. 

My days of having crap loads of frequent flyer miles are over, it's back to poor civilian life for me.   

Well, spread the news and lets see if we can get a few people together. MO is a long way from me, but then, so is almost everywhere! I could probably swing it if we found enough interest

I have so much stuff going on with work that someone else would really have to do the arrangements.  I'm willing to travel somewhere for this.  But I'm also willing to set up partially the reunion but someone else needs to help with arrangements and deposits for venues and places and food.  

It can be done but I just cannot do it all.  

• 3 weeks later...

How funny ruff - perhaps we have crossed paths before and didn’t know it. I was a medic at St. John’s (now called Mercy). I worked on the ground and flew for Life Line. I am back there now and yeah both Mercy and Cox are Level 1....and they are only about 1 mile from one another. Both places are still ridiculously busy. Go figure- build it and they will come. We do get a lot of area referrals though. 

Bob Page, the 12 lead master - you know i still read 12 leads as a physician the same way he taught me as a medic....it works.   

And my god the good ol lake of the ozarks. LOL that place is wild. My fiancé is from there. I remember back in the day when MEMSA would hold the combined clinical conference there at tan tar a. What a party. LOL. 

Crap I think I posted in the wrong thread....oh well. Freaking mobile phones. 

3 hours ago, dgmedic said:

How funny ruff - perhaps we have crossed paths before and didn’t know it. I was a medic at St. John’s (now called Mercy). I worked on the ground and flew for Life Line. I am back there now and yeah both Mercy and Cox are Level 1....and they are only about 1 mile from one another. Both places are still ridiculously busy. Go figure- build it and they will come. We do get a lot of area referrals though. 

Bob Page, the 12 lead master - you know i still read 12 leads as a physician the same way he taught me as a medic....it works.   

And my god the good ol lake of the ozarks. LOL that place is wild. My fiancé is from there. I remember back in the day when MEMSA would hold the combined clinical conference there at tan tar a. What a party. LOL. 

Crap I think I posted in the wrong thread....oh well. Freaking mobile phones. 

You did not post in the wrong thread,  when did you fly for lifeline?  I was in Clinton Mo from 1992-1997, 2007 and then again in 2010

lake of the ozarks amb - 1994 or so

MEMSA about 5 times but since my parents own a lake home at the ozarks, I was able to stay at their house and then drive to the conference, it was only a 35-40 minute drive from their lake house to Tan Tar A or I would just take their boat and park in a boat slip.  

so much fun, I so miss it a lot, but I'm mostly retired from EMS now.  

do you guys use Cerner or some other application for the EMR?

Was just going through my Amazon EMS Wishlist and realized I had some real old books there with descriptions from a bunch of you guys. I think I must've asked for advice when prepping for medic school (or maybe I just kept a running list form the threads). Some from dusty, ridryder, firemedic1, outbach, and sjslennon, too. 

Funny, most of them I couldn't afford to buy the and forgot them, but came around to re-finding and buying a lot of them on my own years later.

image.png.9cf1267e964127bc2e9eea96b3e0b1e7.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.