Old folks Still here?

MedicNorth

Carl! I didn't know you'd had a cardiac arrest! Glad to see you still around, friend. 

• Like 1

Carl! I didn't know you'd had a cardiac arrest! Glad to see you still around, friend. 

Yes, this time last year as a result of a lateral MI. Luckily on the cath lab table. Have no.lasting effects. When did you qualify and what are you doing now? Feel free to PM me.

Good to hear you are doing well Welch.

Despite what my kids and receding hair line tell me, I don't feel old.  Sure, I was a PGY-2 in the PICU when I joined on a slow call night and now I am an attending of 9 years but I'm still not old, right?  I know I have been out of the field but you guys still use MAST pants, Bretylium, Minitor IIs and VHF radios, right? 

• Like 1

Not sure if I'm considered an 'old folk' but I'm still kicking! In Nepal right now and may be doing some disaster relief with GlobalMedic in the coming weeks.. MedicNorth, do you work for the company MedicNorth based out of the Yukon and NWT? If so, I'd love to ask some questions as I was considering applying in the new year.

Wow - obviously a few, at least. And yes, a mix of laziness and old-age forgetfulness prevented a much longer list ;)

Happy that you are doing ok, Carl, and nice to see a  few names other than the ones I mentioned.

J306, no, I have never worked for that outfit... though I should since they stole my handle, the buggers. I know a few people who have and they have mostly good to say about them, though. There are a couple others which do the same in the far north, and I can find you some info if you are interested.

SO, does anybody here ever hang about in chat, or get together for beers, or enjoy verbal battles till all participants are battered and bloody but still friends? God I hope so!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.