Online Gaming

ERDoc

21 hours ago, ERDoc said:

Damn it Ruff, don't rain on my parade.  I like to be able to blame the system for everything that annoys me.  I know they get input from us, but with the way we have it set up, I can't imagine any clinician would have thought it was a good idea.  Is PowerNote part of Cerner or is that a separate operation?

yep it's part of cerner.  And sorry for the rain.  You need to write a couple of dilaudid scripts to one or two of your favorite IT folks and then you'd have everything you could ever desire in your Cerner product.  And no I don't speak from experience, but provide some off the books medical care for some of the IT folks, especially the ones working on your particular applciation (firstnet and powernote ED) and you would be surprised what might get done.  

• 2 weeks later...

I used to program one of those online games (called a multi user dungeon, entirely text based). Non-profit and open-source though. That was the state of mind of most of us computer nerds back then. Bad choice, as seen from 25 years later...

However, we revived it, it's online again and presented at vintage computer festivals. It's nice to login from time to time or do some developer meetings together with those folks from university. Boy, they're looking old now.

So basically this is a game where you shoot people?