Good day everyone, it's been a while

chbare

Hello everybody, I hope this finds you well. I've been awol for quite a while. Life has been quite interesting over the past year or so as I completed grad school and apparently dealt with existential angst. Probably a mid life crisis of sorts that resulted in significant life changes much to my poor wife's horror and pleasure. I must confess that I've been less interested in traditional EMS work and have instead focused my efforts on more naturalist and interpersonal pursuits. If I'm to be honest, I find these concepts both refreshing and interesting. Now that I may have a bit more time I may look at engaging in dialogue and being a more productive member. Take care everyone. 

• Like 1

Thanks man! Nope, no new cars. However, I bought a mountain bike and apparently harbour a desire to race as I've been training like an animal for my first race in September. The significant weight loss has been a plus for sure. 

Otherwise, it's been work as usual, teaching and doing an occasional EMS shift. I've also been preparing to present some research I did in grad school with my adviser at a poster session in October. 

How is life with you? You still PA'ing it in the ER?

Nice.  Congrats!  What kind of distance is your race?  Time trial style or mass start?  Gotta watch out for racing, though.  It can get addictive.

Where are you presenting your research?  Can you talk about what you're presenting?

Life isn't bad.  I am, indeed, still PA-ing it in the ER.  It's certainly a different beast than out on the streets.  But it's been a lot of fun and the variety/acuity of the patients is vastly different than what you get in EMS.  The conditions that people drive themselves to the hospital with are mind boggling.  I'm waiting for the fall running race season to start.  This summer training has been miserable.  It had better pay off when the better running/racing weather hits.

Twelve mile, mass start race that begins with a one mile climb on jeep road followed by technical single track. I believe it is followed by a 12 mile "fun" run after all categories have finished. 

We we are still in the manuscript/peer review process. It's good enough for a poster but official publication is still in the works. 

That is great to hear! Good luck on the running man! I hear you with the summer issue. Luckily, we've had a wetter than normal summer here in the desert but I've had to ride on a few hot days.