Passing of Island EMT - Member

It is with great sadness to inform you of the passing of Ed Sparks also known as Island EMT here on EMT City.

His wife tells me that it happened while he was returning home from work on July 8th.  

I reached out to his email address yesterday to see if he was having trouble logging into the site after the upgrade, and his wife responded.  I will be giving her the link to this post so she can view the comments.

Ed was a great contributor to this site and his passion fueled some great discussion, and educated many.  He will be missed.

• Like 1

Although I only knew him from the EMT City website, he seemed to be a good guy, fairly knowledgeable on numerous topics.
Condolences to his family, the extended family of his co-workers, and the extended family of the EMT City who knew him.

From Richard C. Berger,

Retired, Fire Department New York EMS.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Mrs. Sparks,

Ed was a frequent contributor to the forums here.  Time and again he offered perspective, wisdom and, when necessary, a little bit of... let's call it... gentle encouragement with all of his many posts here.  He had no reservations about calling things as he saw them.  Through his knowledge and experience he provided wide ranging education to all of us. 

He also had a wicked sense of humor and he frequently shared jokes with us here.

His loss will be felt more widely than you may know.

Condolences to you and your family.

So long, Ed.  Clear skies and fair winds.

Mike

• Like 1

I'm so sorry. I've been visiting with him for as long as I've been a medic, maybe even before. What a gift he was to us.

Sending you thoughts for peace and healing from your EMS family in Colorado...

God's speed Brother..

• Like 1

Condolences Mrs Sparks so sorry for your loss.

He will be greatly missed by the ones here that got to know him.

Go fly High on that mountain and rest in peace my friend.

Ok, this was not the news I was wanting to hear this morning as I counted Ed as a close personal friend.  We had corresponded several times and he had helped me several times as well.  

my heart is heavy and in a sad place.  

Ed, you will be missed terribly by all who knew you, your last watch is done, your team has it from here.  RIP my friend.  

• Like 1

I am truly sorry to hear this. He offered me some great advice and was very supportive. I am very sorry for your loss, Mrs. Sparks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.