I 85 to EMT Advanced in Texas

ccems144

I am considering making the leap to AEMT from I 85 here in North Texas. I am a 45 year old I 85 that has recently (July 2014) stepped back from full time to part time in an extremely aggressive 911 system (County based EMS) I have been with that agency for 8 years. I have been in the Fire/EMS field a total of 12 years. I am currently working full time for a public utilities company, 4-5 24 hr shifts with EMS a month and getting ready to start a PRN position as a Asst. Child Behavioral Analyst for a private provider.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent I-85 to AEMT course. I plan on obtaining AEMT and then getting re certified in fire with hopes of going full time or at least volunteering with a very aggressive and progressive VFD again by the summer of 2016. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Are they offering a transition course in Texas to go from I-85?

Should be similar to a refresher class with new updates to the scope of practice.

Here We had the I99 level and they just changed the name on the license at renewal. They actually dumbed down the scope of practice in the change over to EMT-A