Work boots

vonk

So for the time being I have been using my tan combat boots my cousin used in Iraq but i really need to get black boots because that is part of our squads uniform. (They have been lenient because i'm in high school) That being said what do you guys think I want them to be black comfortable and not too clunky though a safety toe is always a plus and a side zipper is an absolute must I hate taking my combat boots off and retying them every single time. From what I have seen I like the Magnum Stealth Force or the 511 ATAC boots.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas.

- Cameron

Find a place that has boots. Find something you like. Try them on. Decide what you think feels most comfortable. Buy them. Wear them. It really is that simple.

If you really are still in EMT school the only advice that I can offer you regarding boots, or any other gear, is to not spend so much as to break the bank. Yes, this is all new to you and you want to buy all the whacker gear you can to look the part. It gets expensive and it gets expensive fast. One can always tell the new guy, however. He's the one with all the most expensive stuff and most useless gear on his belt.

• Like 1

Well sure. There's a great place around the corner. There's a fantastic EMS/Police/Fire supply store a couple towns over that has just about any piece of whacker gear you could want. Except that's for where I am.

Unfortunately, yours is an impossible question for us to answer. Nobody (except maybe Admin with all of his Admin-techy-type-tools) has any idea where you are. However, I'm sure if you asked the folks at your station they'd be happy to tell you where they got theirs. I'm sure if you asked The Google you could probably get some good ideas as well.

I will admit to being a big fan of REI. They are pretty pricey but you can get some good quality gear there.

Don't let wanting a side zipper fool you into buying a more expensive pair of boots when you can get an equally good set for cheaper; there are sets for the laces that have a zipper built in and serve the same purpose; doubt those run more than 10 bucks.

Don't let wanting a side zipper fool you into buying a more expensive pair of boots when you can get an equally good set for cheaper; there are sets for the laces that have a zipper built in and serve the same purpose; doubt those run more than 10 bucks.

Hmm I have seen people where boots like that but always thought that they came that way. Thanks for the tip.

Beware of the side zips. The boots are made that way and if the zipper messes up they are expensive to repair. A cobbler has to unstitch them and install new ones by restitching replacements in.

Had a pair of them bought by the company and the zippers jammed up after just a few months wearing them. seems that they didn't like the winter salt , sand , & always getting wet.

The front lace in zippers are a replacement for standard laces and can be replaced in about ten minutes,plus you can adjust them on how tight they are for a custom fit to your feet.

they can be bought through any uniform shop .

Why the steel toe? I used to think that was an issue, however, over the years, I've come to realise that there really isn't that much hazard in my profession to warrant steel/ceramic toed boots. As for the zipper, you can get zipper inserts that lace into your boots as well. If the insert craps out on you, just go buy a new one rather than replace the boot. Here's an example of what one looks like. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BOOT-ZIPPER-INSERTS-/141551407552?pt=US_Unisex_Accessories&hash=item20f51f11c0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.