Are These EMS Type Of Websites Dying ?

meh this site has always been hit or miss for me, I look at it and come back a few months later. I find many of the conversations low brow or irrelevant. There is a gem to read once in awhile.

There is so much to "EMS" i just really can't relate too, interfacility, low paying bullshit jobs, volunteers on here talking about badges and other such nonsense.

Guess I am just spolied.

Edited by ambodriver

I didn't mean for that last post to sound as obnoxious as it does. I meant it seriously, is there anything that could be done differently that would improve the site? This isn't just for ambo, anyone is free to jump in here. I think we have a pretty good community and I would hate to lose it and be forced to that other site. I think going back to this format has helped quite a bit. I think if we could find some new memebers and expand the ranks it would help. How do we do that?

How do we improve ???? Not sure since I am "memeograph paper" (still love that smell) in a texting age; but some thoughts:

1. This generation is all about the cell phone (they are all going to have tumors), does this site work well on a cellphone ?

2. Are our topics IN TOUCH with what the younger generation wants to talk about ? Do we need a "relationship advice" tab, or a "You won't believe what my dumb ass company did" tab.

3. Should there be a tab just for vollies ? Should Admin award a free subway sandwich card to the best post of the month ? Should all posters have to put their nude pics up as their icon image ?

Most importantly, I think there needs to be respect for all posters, no matter how dumb --- we recently had several adults beating up on a 14 year old for his stupid post; is that smart ???? I remember reading something about how all the "Christian TV stations" that beg for money all day, did not have a problem with the channels that were in direct conflict with their so called christian beliefs, on the satellite/cable package. Why, because they were all lumped in, in the same tier, if one of them failed, they all failed, so the Church channels were happy with the stations that sold vibrators.

Maybe being "EMS Purists", with no tolerance for the ignorant, is our problem.

Edited by mikeymedic1984

How do we improve ???? Not sure since I am "memeograph paper" (still love that smell) in a texting age; but some thoughts:

1. This generation is all about the cell phone (they are all going to have tumors), does this site work well on a cellphone ?

I don't use it on my cell, just the computer and like I said, it is much more enjoyable back with this format

2. Are our topics IN TOUCH with what the younger generation wants to talk about ? Do we need a "relationship advice" tab, or a "You won't believe what my dumb ass company did" tab.

I hope not. If it comes to that, I think will need to leave the planet. Maybe a revamping of the topics, but I wouldn't be the one to know how.

3. Should there be a tab just for vollies ? Should Admin award a free subway sandwich card to the best post of the month ? Should all posters have to put their nude pics up as their icon image ?

Now I want a spicy italian, thanks. I don't think we should have a separate area for volley vs paid vs fire vs etc. In the end, it should all be EMS.

Most importantly, I think there needs to be respect for all posters, no matter how dumb --- we recently had several adults beating up on a 14 year old for his stupid post; is that smart ???? I remember reading something about how all the "Christian TV stations" that beg for money all day, did not have a problem with the channels that were in direct conflict with their so called christian beliefs, on the satellite/cable package. Why, because they were all lumped in, in the same tier, if one of them failed, they all failed, so the Church channels were happy with the stations that sold vibrators.

Maybe being "EMS Purists", with no tolerance for the ignorant, is our problem.

I think we all have agreed that we can be quick to jump on new posters.

Having a version that was more user friendly on a cell or other mobile device might help; I think admin is working on this.

A better design for the mainpage; ie make most of the subforums their own section on the page.

Get quicker responses when questions are asked, though that's more a function of how many people regularly post.

If you look at both this site and another EMS forum I frequent it's really not that dissimilar, both get roughly the same amount of guest traffic (about 100 for each site right now) with the vast majority of postings not coming from new members, but a smallish group of regulars. Only difference being there are more regulars on the other forum.

I for one would like to see the city back like it was in the old days. Great posts great friends have been made here.

Hey ER are you really batman?

RIFF RAFF please tell me the PTA monsters did not eat you :icecream:

I didn't mean for that last post to sound as obnoxious as it does. I meant it seriously, is there anything that could be done differently that would improve the site? This isn't just for ambo, anyone is free to jump in here. I think we have a pretty good community and I would hate to lose it and be forced to that other site. I think going back to this format has helped quite a bit. I think if we could find some new memebers and expand the ranks it would help. How do we do that?

I don't have a good answer to that. I think the format of the site is fine.

• 1 month later...

I started out on this forum and then tried the village. Maybe I wasn't experienced enough to feel like I could contribute...not sure. I then went on to EMTLife and that seemed to click for me. I'm back here now to see if it "fits". I've finished my education, been working and am going on to medic school. Maybe now I'll actually have more words of wisdom and less tainted with ignorance to contribute.

Having said that, I echo what Ruffmeister said. These types of forums seem to ebb and flow. People come and go and come back again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.