Are These EMS Type Of Websites Dying ?

As mentioned earlier, this site has slowed way down in the past 2 years as far as posts and meaningful conversations. I checked the competing site and noted that most of the forum posts were from June/July of 2014, so they are faring much worst. I have seen more posts on here from kid-emt-wantabes, rahter than from true EMS professionals, so are these sites going the way of pagers and black and white TVs ? Have we already answered every EMS Industry question, so there is nothing left to talk about ? Is there anything we can do to drown out the sounds of the crickets chirping ?

I have been a member here and at the village since both started . Both have seen markedly less traffic in the past couple years as facebook, twitter and all the other instant messaging types of social interaction sites seem to be the choice of the younger crowds with their smart phones.

It is all about instant gratification to the gen xers and beyond.

I just a few months ago got a digital cell phone, [ Iphone 5 ] which is the first time on almost ten years since they did away with analog service and my old bag phone no longer worked.

Up until a couple months ago I had never texted or even cared to.

My wife & I use the I message to talk while we are at work. other than that it doesn't get used much.

Today it seems like every 8 year old and up has a smart phone and spend the majority of their time using it endlessly.

I've even seen people sitting at the same restaurant table texting each other rather than having a conversation.

Parents texting their kids while in the same store and so on.

Is there any hope for the future generations????????

• Like 1

I've been a member here for many years, I can't remember how many but it's been a lot.

I've seen it ebb and sway here. We had tons of posts prior to when chat was popular, then during chat being popular it seemed that everyone was chatting, then things changed and posting increased and chatting died. Now posts and chat is minimal.

I think that you can honestly mark the drop in participation around the time when Dustdevil passed away.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.