I have to get this out!

Like the title says I have somethings that I need to get off my chest and get answers to. I am going to list them in numerical fashion so that they are easier for you guys to answer, and well..... here it goes.

1. For those that have done IFT and emergency calls, I have found that I feel more stress on the IFT side then I do on the emergency side have you guys found this as well?

2. A newer EMT asked me this and I was not really sure how to answer him without sounding like I have no soul LMAO! His question was "How do i give a conscious person a painful stimuli when I'm trying to establish there GCS on a IFT and not feel bad about it?"

3. When you work at a service like most others I assume, that has a shit ton of gossip flying around how do you go about making the best name for your self?

4. Over the years I was fortunate and unfortunate enough to work some jobs that have now turned me into an hour churning machine and a person not scared of hard work. I am use to doing a minimum of 60 hours a week and feel lazy when I don't, But have noticed i am getting a little tired of being one of the few that seems to being picking up extra shifts while others lounge. What should i do?

5. Why is it that my favorite food item when I'm working on the ambulance is ice cream and slushes?

6. When people asked me how I liked working my first code and I told them it was "exhilarating, made me feel alive, and I would be ready to do another code right then" they kind of looked at me like was crazy. So.... am I?

and finally my last.....

7. If your partner farts in the truck and its a SBD (silent but deadly) and he locked the windows so you couldn't get away from it. What would you do to get him back?

Well thanks for answering any of these questions or all of them and I look forward to seeing your answers.

Welcome.

1. Sometimes.

2. Why are you purposefully inflicting pain on someone? Especially on someone who is, as you describe, conscious?

3. I do the best I can all the time. This usually means ignoring the gossip.

4. Ignore the others. Take a vacation. You're burning yourself out.

5. Because your diet needs a lot of work.

6. Yes.

7. Grow up. Tell your partner to grow up, also.

Are you truly serious? I'm not sure why I'm answering some of these but here goes

Number 2 - why do you need to give a painful stimuli to a conscious person to determine a GCS?

Number 3 - You just don't give in to gossip and why do you need to make the best name for yourself. Your actions speak for themselves, No need to try harder than you need to.

Number 4 - STop working extra shifts - why kill yourself

Number 5 - Who cares

Number 6 - Yes

Number 7 - Come on are you that immature?

Dangit Mike, Our answers were basically exactly the same.

Were these serious questions? If so I'm not sure I want this guy as a partner of mine.

Were these serious questions? If so I'm not sure I want this guy as a partner of mine.

LMAO.

the first one was serious, the other 6 were just to poke at people and see what kind of response's you guys would give lol.

The emt question seriously happened, but I kindly helped him to answer his own question that you both more or less saw right off the bat like I did. Which was "why are you giving a painful stimuli to a person that is conscious?"

When ever I am doing IFT's which is a 24 hour shift I have times were I really get stressed because its so boringly busy. If that makes any kind of weird sense..... IDK I have talked to other people who have worked the shift and they agree with me that for some weird reason the IFT 24 hour shift is stress producing.

Edited by Grind_time_medic

Like the title says I have somethings that I need to get off my chest and get answers to. I am going to list them in numerical fashion so that they are easier for you guys to answer, and well..... here it goes.

1. For those that have done IFT and emergency calls, I have found that I feel more stress on the IFT side then I do on the emergency side have you guys found this as well?

2. A newer EMT asked me this and I was not really sure how to answer him without sounding like I have no soul LMAO! His question was "How do i give a conscious person a painful stimuli when I'm trying to establish there GCS on a IFT and not feel bad about it?"

3. When you work at a service like most others I assume, that has a shit ton of gossip flying around how do you go about making the best name for your self?

4. Over the years I was fortunate and unfortunate enough to work some jobs that have now turned me into an hour churning machine and a person not scared of hard work. I am use to doing a minimum of 60 hours a week and feel lazy when I don't, But have noticed i am getting a little tired of being one of the few that seems to being picking up extra shifts while others lounge. What should i do?

5. Why is it that my favorite food item when I'm working on the ambulance is ice cream and slushes?

6. When people asked me how I liked working my first code and I told them it was "exhilarating, made me feel alive, and I would be ready to do another code right then" they kind of looked at me like was crazy. So.... am I?

and finally my last.....

7. If your partner farts in the truck and its a SBD (silent but deadly) and he locked the windows so you couldn't get away from it. What would you do to get him back?

Well thanks for answering any of these questions or all of them and I look forward to seeing your answers.

1. My IFT was paid and my 911 was volley, so yeah, there was a little more pressure on you at the paid job.

2. Tell him his education sucks and he is not to touch any patients. He is to drive only and not touch the lights or sirens.

3. Gossip is for junior high school and should be ignored. You are not there to look cool to the other providers. You are there to take care of the pts.

4. You do what you need to do. Unless you are the owner/management, open shifts are not your problem.

5. Easy access. I can't count the number of slurpees I drank on the road.

6. No, you are not crazy but the terms whacker and/or buff are playing in the background (only kidding)

7. Not going to dignify this one with an answer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.