Creighton CCEMT-P Online Course

CCEMTP is licensed by UMBC. Again, you continue to perpetuate the false assumption that the course is a CCEMTP course. It is not. The FP-C exam is completely separate from UMBC. I am not saying Creighton is bad, I'm saying your understanding of the online programme is flawed. I've attached a link in a prior thread to UMBC should you wish to explore organisations that are able to offer the actual CCEMTP course. Otherwise it's best to refer to the online course as an online critical care course as opposed to a CCEMTP course.

I will also provide you with a link to a list of sites officially recognised as being able to offer the CCEMTP course:

http://ehs.umbc.edu/CE/CCEMT-P/Edusites.html

• Like 1

CCEMTP is licensed by UMBC. Again, you continue to perpetuate the false assumption that the course is a CCEMTP course. It is not. The FP-C exam is completely separate from UMBC. I am not saying Creighton is bad, I'm saying your understanding of the online programme is flawed. I've attached a link in a prior thread to UMBC should you wish to explore organisations that are able to offer the actual CCEMTP course. Otherwise it's best to refer to the online course as an online critical care course as opposed to a CCEMTP course.

I will also provide you with a link to a list of sites officially recognised as being able to offer the CCEMTP course:

http://ehs.umbc.edu/CE/CCEMT-P/Edusites.html

I think I have found out my fault in my understanding of the matter and I appreciate the additional information you provided. With the comments prior, I didnt even think that the term CCEMT-P was proprietary to UMBC. My assumption was if your occupation referred to that patient transport demographic which required skills or medications during transport outside the regular paramedic scope, (i.e. chest tubes, lab interpretation,flight physiology) it would be for a ccemt-p but it appears I used the term too loosely. My mistake.

Secondly, I was also under the assumption that the course was fairly popular, but on and offline I have not been able to find anyone who has taken their course which was my initial question. Looks like the UMBC course may be the more credible route for the education.

Yes, where did MP_EMT22 go wrong, he apparantly did NOT take lessons from more recent graduates from the "I got butthurt from the answers given on EMT city and went to another site that will tell me how cool and awesome of an EMT I am even though I'm an idiot site"

MP, I am impressedd with your most recent reply to this post. Mature.

If you can get into a UMBC course that's the way to go or get into any of the courses that UMBC has given a site access to - CJC Fire in Blue Springs MO comes to mind as a prime example of a quality site license, then I would do that.

But after looking at the Creighton course info, this might not be a bad alternative.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Edited by Ruffmeister Paramedic

some folks come here and ask questions.

They don't always like the answers they want to get

Then they cop an attitude with folks trying to help them

:wtf:

It's cool. It looks like a misunderstanding that was cleared up. Everybody appears to be on the same page now. It's cool, really.

I thought we were very clear from the beginning Chris.

Usually folks get an idea in their heads and thats all they want to have verified.

They don't want thereal truth from folks.

I see a lot of that with the younger generation crowd.

Attitude? If thats the impression that people are getting from my replies then there is more than one misunderstanding with this and I take responsibility for my part of it. As far a being unreceptive of the truth with the younger crowd, thats a pretty bold statement. I was not aware that such a "prestegious" site like this didnt allow misunderstandings and misinterpretations of information. I hope you dont fall off that high horse of yours. My initial question was if anyone went through the course. I recieved replies from everyone except someone who went through the course. It was not a quest for truth island, just a simple inquiry.

Criticism and narcicism...I see that alot with the older generation crowd.

I thought we were very clear from the beginning Chris.

Usually folks get an idea in their heads and thats all they want to have verified.

They don't want thereal truth from folks.

I see a lot of that with the younger generation crowd.

Really? Allow me to be the first to say shut the hell up.

You wonder why this forum is so dead? It's because of bullshit responses like this one.

YOU didn't hand out "thereal truth" all YOU did was make a statement that had nothing to do with the question that was asked, and in all reality, doesn't really even matter. And now you seem to be hopping on a high horse as is your standard procedure here. Yippy ki yay there buddy.

In fact, nobody handed out "thereal truth;" chbare was nice enough to point out that, given the terminolgy the OP used, the expectations from that course might be different than the reality. That was appropriate, and nice to do.

MP-EMT22, I can't give you any first hand info on this course right now; if you haven't taken it by then, check back in 6-8 months or so. I've been looking into this one for awhile and will either end up taking the course that starts next month, or the one after that.

Really? Allow me to be the first to say shut the hell up.

You wonder why this forum is so dead? It's because of bullshit responses like this one.

YOU didn't hand out "thereal truth" all YOU did was make a statement that had nothing to do with the question that was asked, and in all reality, doesn't really even matter. And now you seem to be hopping on a high horse as is your standard procedure here. Yippy ki yay there buddy.

In fact, nobody handed out "thereal truth;" chbare was nice enough to point out that, given the terminolgy the OP used, the expectations from that course might be different than the reality. That was appropriate, and nice to do.

MP-EMT22, I can't give you any first hand info on this course right now; if you haven't taken it by then, check back in 6-8 months or so. I've been looking into this one for awhile and will either end up taking the course that starts next month, or the one after that.

That is the kind of response I was looking for. THANK YOU!

I dont know about the program, looks interesting, let me know how it goes. That is what I was expecting.

Nice to see someone was pleasant enough to address my initial questions. Instead, I get everything but. I honestly havent been on this site for months because I was disgusted by how a large group of people have this complex that they can comment and sarcastically chastise people when they ask a question and not even answer it in the process. Looks like someone forgot to take out the trash in EMT City. You wont gain new members with peoples attitudes like that.