Grants for Off-Road Medical Vehicle

I used to work for a Boy Scout camp at which i still volunteer at. I was, at one point, in charge of the medical office. One of the biggest frustrations I had was not having access to a vehicle in an emergency. The camp is 2000 +/- acres. The camp itself has two John Deere gators with a truck-style bed, not suitable for medical treatment.
So basically what I am looking for is some type of grant to help purchase a John Deere/Polaris/Honda, etc. UTV with a medical/rescue skid unit to transport patients. The camp is non-profit.
Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

They make a medical skid for the rear of the gator also.

We had them when the gator first came out and had a stretcher mount made for them which would hold either a folding stretcher or a long board and allow three responders to get to remote areas where ambulances couldn't.

As far as grant funding: you could try local UTV dealers and see if they have a lease donor program that will allow them to give the camp use of a unit for the season after which it would go back to them.

Be careful with grants. Yes, you can find free money, but it usually comes with a whole lot of paperwork strings that can be a hassle. You may do just as well to find a good used vehicle or find a dealership that may donate a trade-in to you or give you a great discount. as long as you put a sign on it that says "donated by the good folks at ABC ATV, Golf Cart, or Jeep Dealership"

thats usually how free money works Mikey.

You fill out lots of paperwork & if the donor organization likes what you wrote they give you either a check or equipment in kind as a donation they can write off from their federal taxes.

I've written many grant applications from a simple single page letter to a 100 page form.

Last time I checked the total in funding received was over $1,738,000.00 to 501c3 organizations from both government and private foundation funding grants.

gotten everything from AED's to firetrucks & everything in between funded.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.