BBBBBBOOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNGGGG

mikeymedic1984

The lack of people here may have something to do with the reception that all new posters seem to get...

Which would be how? I'm not trying to sound like an ass here, but I honestly want to know. I don't remember my reception and I don't usually greet newcomers. (Maybe that's the problem...)

Ah grasshopper: if you look back you were welcomed with warm greetings and open arms, so to speak.

You came here with a willingness to learn.

Many newbies come here with the ink still wet on their EMT cards and presume to instruct folks with decades of street experience on how we are doing things wrong.

They know , because they have run a dozen or more calls and seen it all.

Most newcomers are given the standard "welcome to the city" greeting from several of us, and are invited to participate & interact.

I usually add that not all agencies use the same type coding, as some use "A&OX3" for alert to who, where, and when they are. Some use a 4th "A&O". Therefore, I ask all site newbies (or "Noobs" if you prefer) to spell out what they're trying to say before going all alphabet soup on us.

I also encourage no name calling. If you want to tell me I'm incorrect on a specific, say something like "You're wrong, as per page *** paragraph *** of the *** textbook". If you say something like "You're wrong because you're an a-hole" then someone's cruising for a bruising, and it might not be someone as usually polite as me. I am NOT the most polite here, but I sure try.

As for the "Noobs" telling the long timers how to do something, sometimes the newer person has a newer protocol than the "greybeards".However, protocols can change at the county, state or province, or international border line. AEMTs are accepted in Nassau County, NY, but, technically if one starts an IV Line after crossing over into Queens County (one of the 5 counties of NYC), where AEMT is NOT accepted, said AEMT would be operating outside of "Scope Of Practice". Therefore, as I repeat in my "signature", remember our protocols might be different than yours, and both of us different from a third EMT City dweller.

Anywho, welcome to the madness!

I don't respond to noobs until you guys have vetted the good ones because I am that important, lol.

PS-I don't actually think that

Thats not what you told me when I was in Michigan. You actually said for me to meet you for lunch that I would have to bow before the ER God named ERDOC.

Ah grasshopper: if you look back you were welcomed with warm greetings and open arms, so to speak.

You came here with a willingness to learn.

Many newbies come here with the ink still wet on their EMT cards and presume to instruct folks with decades of street experience on how we are doing things wrong.

They know , because they have run a dozen or more calls and seen it all.

Most newcomers are given the standard "welcome to the city" greeting from several of us, and are invited to participate & interact.

I did look back! And you were right. I've learned a lot since I've gotten on the City, but I think the thing that's really stuck with me is being aware that I don't know everything.

• Like 1