New TV Show "The Night Shift"

We watched this new show last night called "The Night Shift" and aside from the Eye Candy of the female doctors, and let me say the lead female doctor, she's just delicious to look at, this show is one hour of entertainment but the rest of it is simply a comedy of errors. I give this show 1 season but then again, that's what I gave Chicago Fire.

Needless to say, it's like Chicago fire was when it started, count how many errors you can see in the first 10 minutes of the show.

Well I didn't realize I was doing it but here they are.

Caveat here - I really did like the show - I won't stop watching it because of the errors but here you go. These are what I caught.

1. New hot shot back from Afghanistan doctor riding his motorcycle comes upon a guy being worked on by some medics. He'd been impaled by a tree limb. The doc says "We're gonna remove the limb from his abdomen" "He's got a lacerated renal artery" and he proceeds to remove this tree stump sized limb from this guys belly. He then takes a empty IV bag and puts the tubing into the belly and fills up the bag with the guys own blood and then begins an autologous blood transfusion all the while saying "I learned this in Afghanistan" when asked. He then opens the guys belly and clamps off the renal artery and saves the day

2. Helicopter to a crash scene, child in the back seat of a van. Has a separated skull from spinal column injury. A storm is rolling in. They request that EMS fashion some sort of foam block devices to secure the kiids head. (hmmmmmm can you say head blocks that EMS normally carries). They get the kid in to the helicopter and they fly through this terrible storm that no other helicopter pilot would be dumb enough to fly through but they get the kid to the hospital. This doctor from Afghanistan performs a surgery he's only done one time before and that one time was in afghan and he lost the patient. But this time it was a success. YAY Oh yeah they also decompressed the kids chest but there was no chest tube. \

3. The new interns were practicing (terribly) defibrillating a dead homeless guy in the ER. The doctor allowing this said "come on practice on this guy, who knows when you might have to do it on someone who really will need it!" I kept thinking that they were actually going to shock this dead homeless guy to life. That would have made me love this show.

4. Drunk driver brought into the ED and survives a wreck that killed a man. The doctor who's patient died, walked into the drunks room, talked to him about his morphine pump and told him how morphine would take his pain away if he pushed the button every 10 minutes or so and then he unplugged the button and took it away from the drunk. (that was pretty cool).

So really the show is entertainment only, don't expect to be wowed by medical procedures that are correct.

Entertainment value 7 Medical correctness 2

Yeah, When I first saw the ad I thought Where's Harry and bull. and then I saw them, Harry's the doc from Afghanistan and Bull's the Gay doc.

I do believe it goes right along with the OMG E.M.T show that is so incorrect most of the time its stupid, just my two cents.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.