I thought I was going to die because I drank alot of liquor...

1997gsxr

I am 20 years old. I stole 2 - 3 cups on liquor from my father and drank it. After about 2 hours my dad was telling me he is calling an ambulance. I do remember I couldn't breathe and I was not stable, rolling around I had no idea what is wrong with me but I knew i needed help. my eyes felt like they were rolling to the top of my head and all i seen was black. almost like i was seeing things. when the paramedics came they took me into the ambulance. when i was in there i hear a emt say "there is nothing wrong with you" I am a light weight drinker who at the time should not have took the liquor. when i was in the stretched I felt a sharp pain going into my kidney/liver area. I had jumped up and seen that a emt was pinning me down with his knee. I fainted a bit i woke up tied to the stretcher and a cop that was saying your going to jail tonight and the emt said he was pressing charges. when i was in booking the report said i tried to push his arms away and hit the side of his chest which I do not remember hitting anyone I am not a violent person. I have not been to jail in my life but here I am being arrested for a felony. I was treated like an animal when i was in that ambulance. my father and brother seen what they did to me while i was in the ambulance and the emt's inside noticed them and moved in front of the back windows so they couldn't see.

I tell you right now I will never drink again in my life not even when i am legal age. I learned what liquor can really do to the mind and body.

Trollin' trollin' trollin'
Keep trollin', trollin', trollin',
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them trolls movin'...Trollin'!
Don't try to understand 'em
Soon we'll be laughing in disgust.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My detestation will be waitin', be waiting at the end of the thread.
Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out...Trollin'!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in...Trollin'!
I missed the last blatant troll thread, but this should be fun.
If the next few verses are needed, I've got 'em... :punk:

So YOU made the decision to drink something YOU shouldn't have. YOU then got drunk off of it. YOU then tried to assault someone else who was trying to help you. Do you see the common thread in all of this (hint, it's capitalized). Personally, I am glad to hear that the EMT is pressing charges. Providers (EMT, Paramedic, RN, MD/DO, etc) have been putting up with this for too long. Getting assaulted is NOT in our job description, despite what the suits say. YOU made the decision to get drunk so you are responsible for the outcome, whether you remember it or not. I would consider yourself lucky. What do you think would have happened if you had done what you did to the cop instead? You're an adult, man up and act like it. Take your consequences and be happy they are not worse.

So you looked online for an EMS forum to complain about the consequences of your actions?

You won't get any sympathy from me. I have had patients like yourself. I have been hit by people like you, and I am happy that you are being charged.

Hopefully you learned from this incident.

No wait guys, what he's really asking is this

"I really really really really respect you guys and all that you do, I really want to be an EMT and am hoping that I can get into one of those free classes that I've heard so much about, you know, the ones that only 50% of those who enroll, actually pass, and I want to know, will this experience and this criminal conviction have any bearing on whether or not I can become a super duper top of the line zero to hero balls to the walls EMT that will be better than anyone of you posers on this forum?"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.