Boots

Violyn

I'm new to the EMT world and need some boots. (Women's) Any suggestions are welcome. I've looked at the 5.11 Tactical, but they seem kind of pricey compared to some of the others. Ideas?

well made boots that will protect your feet and ankles are not cheap. They will also last much longer than low cost boots.

I personally like Danner as they are made in The US and last a long tome as well as being made in my 4 XXXX wide size.

there are many different brands out there that will meet your needs.

Expect to pay $100 + for good ones.

Best thing to do is try on several different brands to find the ones that fit your feet comfortably and check around to see what others in your area are wearing.

Usually there are uniform shops that cater to emergency service folks.

Cabelas also has a good assortment online.

Original SWAT are not the best boots I've had, but the are the best that my boots allowance covers. Given that we're expected to replace our boots every six months I can't speak to how well they hold up over the long term, but they're comfortable, resist scuffing pretty well and the side zipper has held up to a lot of use.

Prior to that I had converse. I was not impressed. They started coming apart at the sole and the seams fairly quickly and got beat up extremely quickly even with regular polishing.

My best pair was a composite toe, composite shank pair of Dakota's from when I was in school. Was above my $150 boot allowance.

A couple years ago I started getting rockies. Best thing ever. Never used though because of the price. Mine are under $100 and last. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I long was suspicious about the HAIX hype most of my colleagues are into, more or less I was getting things done with other brands. Just some itches here and there. Now since a month I have a pair of "HAIX airpower XR1" and I'm into this hype, too. They are perfect fitting (which is not easy with my feet), expert quality and simply great to wear. No itches! I'm glad my employer bought them. In the US online shop they're listed for nearly ~240$, see http://www.haix.com/us/products/rescue/haix-airpower-xr1 (click on "buy now"). But they're worth it!

I buy men's boots typically. There are more options and they fit just as well as womens boots. I had been buying the cheapest version Academy sells, but since my back is messed up I decided to put a little more money into them. I just bought a pair of 5.11 boots. I really like them. If you have an Academy near you they have a pretty good return policy for shoes. You could buy a pair and wear them a day, and if you decide you don't like them take them back for an exchange, no questions asked.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.