Brand New EMT Student

Violyn

I will be starting EMT classes at the beginning of June and am really excited about what lies ahead. I hope I have what it takes to be a good EMT. I guess I won't know until I get out there. I'm a little older than the other students, so I'm kind of nervous about how they will see me. I'm so happy to be a part of the EMT community!

Welcome friend! I to am a student in an aemt school and like you im older than the other students in my class and i can tell you that it wont matter that your older as everyone will bond in light of a common goal of passing and becoming an emt.

I think I might be kind of a "nerd" but I got my book (Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured) early and have started studying even though my classes don't start til June 2nd. I really want to be a part of the EMT community right now. I live in the Phoenix area and would love to connect with anyone that is willing to give advice to me or whatever.

First off, don't worry about being older than your classmates. Life experience is vastly important in this industry, and you'll find that age will offer it's own particular benefits when it comes to communicating with your patients in the future.

Secondly, keep on 'nerding it up'! Enthusiasm is a trait that some of the more bitter, jaded folks in this industry might scoff at, but truth be told, this profession needs more people who are passionate about healthcare. Never lose that spark, and remember; find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life.

Welcome to the city, and welcome to our community.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.