My back hurts

ERDoc

Hello,

The pain out of proportion worries me. I have seen folks land in the ICU with soft-tissue badness this way (i.e. NF/Fournier).

Also, I have seen pain out of proportion with compartment syndrome. However, I must admit, that I have never seen gluteal compartment syndrome. Besides, how did it develop? The patient did not pass out in one position for a long time from what I have read.

Cheers

Edited by DartmouthDave

Compartment syndrome leading to rhabdo and acute renal failure.

Edit: Damn Canucks! Always getting there first! If he has been doing repeated, prolonged sessions of sitting on his couch it ups the odds of something like that developing, especially if there was something solid that he was sitting on. It doesn't completely fit, but it comes pretty close, especially with the repeated comments of "pain out of proportion;" that's one of the things that get's taught as a reminder to remeber compartment syndrome; pain out of proportion to the injury or exam.

Edited by triemal04

Yes, this guy is in rhabdo, which was mentioned by scuba. His initial CPK was 64,000. The MJ he smoked a few days ago was actually K2. He was admitted and had several rounds of dialysis. His renal function improved thankfully, and he no longer need dialysis.

Never too old to learn new information.

My only experience with K-2 / spice was a couple of "old hippies" in their 50's who thought it would be fun to mix some in with the christmas cookies.

Of course they only handed those cookies out to the "adults" after the kids had gone to bed.

2 Hours later we have a bunch of paranoid trippin old hippies laying on the floor because the word was spinning & they were heaving.

weird cardiac rhythms, shakes and hallucinations.