Civic Literacy Quiz

paramedicmike

This is something interesting I found through another discussion forum. It's a civic literacy quiz. It's 33 questions.

(To our international friends this quiz is based on US knowledge. Just know that in advance.)

There was an interesting write up linked just below the results you receive. It's an interesting read.

What'd you score? I'll share my score after a couple other people post.

87.88% The extra findings after the results are scary. Less than half the population can identify the three branches of govt, but yet we let these people vote and decide how the country should be run. That is basic 5th grade social studies. No wonder we are so screwed.

Edited by ERDoc

The extra findings after the results are scary. Less than half the population can identify the three branches of govt, but yet we let these people vote and decide how the country should be run. That is basic 5th grade social studies. No wonder we are so screwed.

My thoughts, exactly. Granted, we don't know the offices held by those who responded to the survey. However, given recent governmental events and the fact that even those Congressional members who claim to carry a copy of the Constitution in their pocket don't really have any idea what the document says, it shouldn't surprise me.

But it does.

And we're screwed.

Oh. 32/33.

Missed 5, 84%. While some of the later questions are open to interpretation and there seems to be some political bias going on, it's highly disturbing that the average score is less than 50%.

Actually, I take that back, it's not disturbing, it's just another sad example of how truly fucked up this country has become, and will continue to become.