EMT Gets Suspended and Resigns After Breaking Rules

ERDoc

But was the paramedic part of the vollunteer service (as a secret paid person they neglect to mention as so often happens...) or was he part of a professional ALS service that relies on other local agencies for transport?

There are still questions that remain to be answered, or at least should be answered to get a real understanding of what's going on.

And those questions are never going to get answered. It does not fit the agenda of those who are reporting this as news.

But was the paramedic part of the vollunteer service (as a secret paid person they neglect to mention as so often happens...) or was he part of a professional ALS service that relies on other local agencies for transport?

There are still questions that remain to be answered, or at least should be answered to get a real understanding of what's going on.

From their website it looks like they provide their own ALS service. So he was probably volley. I don't think that really had an effect on what happened though.

From their website it looks like they provide their own ALS service. So he was probably volley. I don't think that really had an effect on what happened though.

It very likely didn't; what I meant was that there are questions about this group and the service they provide, or rather how well they provide the service, that are more important.

But...if the paramedic was part of that group, was he listening to other dispatches and aware of the fact that his transport was going to a non-emergent call? If not, why? If he was, why did he not have them redirect? (this ignores the fact that he very well have determined that there was no real emergency and that the patient didn't need transport right away)

It very likely didn't; what I meant was that there are questions about this group and the service they provide, or rather how well they provide the service, that are more important.

But...if the paramedic was part of that group, was he listening to other dispatches and aware of the fact that his transport was going to a non-emergent call? If not, why? If he was, why did he not have them redirect? (this ignores the fact that he very well have determined that there was no real emergency and that the patient didn't need transport right away)

Dude, these are vollies in NYS, never question their service. NEVER. You should probably watch your back for the next few days for even suggesting such a thing. As for the medic, he may have been busy taking care of the pt and getting the history. He may have been told by Ricky Rescue that he had an ambulance on the way and didn't give it a second thought. It would be nice if someone would release the dispatch tapes, I bet it would be quite revealing.

Dude, these are vollies in NYS, never question their service. NEVER. You should probably watch your back for the next few days for even suggesting such a thing. As for the medic, he may have been busy taking care of the pt and getting the history. He may have been told by Ricky Rescue that he had an ambulance on the way and didn't give it a second thought. It would be nice if someone would release the dispatch tapes, I bet it would be quite revealing.

I bet it would be, as would the conversation that took placed before the ambulances left the station, and the conversation where the bozo was told he was being disciplined.

So...does this mean I should expect a bunch of people with weird accents to show up outside my house with pitchforks and torches?

Those other conversation are public record but I would assume the dispatch records would be. Yes on the accents, but no on the pitchforks and torches. You can expect to see sanitation trucks with guys in pinstripe tuxedos with machine guns.

eh..the kids a wanker...he thinks he's above reproach because he "saved" a 4 yr old having a seizure and now he's tugging on the heartstrings of the public trying to get sympathy~~

He broke protocols for one thing as according to the captain Protocol is to go to the first call unless the other one is of a more critical nature,” the captain said.

(I'd also be willing to bet they have a standard age of 21 for driving due to insurance coverage. Wanker boy probably wasn't even covered while he raced to be the hero.)

My point of view on what the correct procedure should have been:

First call in was the seizure~~rig with two EMT's goes to the seizure to assist the medic, transport, whatever is needed.

Second call in was the man who fell and is bleeding from his arm~~wanker boy gets into his private vehicle that from his description of everything he does, probably already has the pretty light bar and wanker bag already in it, and drives over to help the old man, control bleeding, stabilize, etc until the rig is free to transfer.

Who knows, maybe the old man had a heart attack before he hit the ground and busted his skin open and wanker boy could have been a hero here instead..but I highly doubt it...wanker boy thought he saw a chance to grab some glory and ran with it but when it came time to face the music of admitting he made a rash decision and own up to punishment or suspension, he whipped out his crayons and scribbled an "I quit" notice........

Doesn't sound like quite the "Youth Adviser" material they thought he was in the first place...sounds more like some dood who thinks he is going to go out and save the world and not let any pesky protocols or station procedures stand in his way.

The sad part is that those of us in EMS understand why he was disciplined and can see the bigger picture whereas the public just sees somebody trying to play hero and getting slapped on the hand for it. Wonder what they would think had he blown that rig thru an intersection and killed a car full of old ladies or teenagers............I think they would be calling for more than a suspension......

Those other conversation are public record but I would assume the dispatch records would be. Yes on the accents, but no on the pitchforks and torches. You can expect to see sanitation trucks with guys in pinstripe tuxedos with machine guns.

So...you're saying that volunteer EMS groups in New York are mafia fronts? :devilish::lol::lol:

this is a little further north , so it will be plow trucks and shotguns with deer slugs. :-}

Wonder why none of the press has done a FOIA request for the dispatch tapes.

Probably none of them care...all this was, was a local story that was gaurenteed to make headlines and sell papers; I doubt anybody at any of the original news agencies that reported on this really cares what actually happened.

The sad part is that those of us in EMS understand why he was disciplined and can see the bigger picture whereas the public just sees somebody trying to play hero and getting slapped on the hand for it.

The really sad part is that a lot of people that have commented on this and identified themselves as EMS providers take the side of the bozo.

Sounds like the case of a testosterone induced 20 yr old wannabe hero to me.

But then I'm old and only 28 hours away from retirement so my views may be clouded by old age. :-}

Congrats mate, Im jealous!

24 years to go......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.