Search warrants and poss unethical searches

Just Plain Ruff

It is not a medical procedure. Xray is just a form of technology used in many different fields by many non-medical people. You are also not forcing a physician who took an oath to force something upon someone without their consent. When you are dealing with the airport, you are giving consent by purchasing your ticket. I don't agree with a lot of the regulations but when I buy a ticket I know what I'm getting into. Sometimes the price of the ticket is worth it to get the groping.

If you come fly on Kiwi Air there is no security for our plane with some bullet holes in the side, a Flight Attendant named Manuel Jose Luis Ortega who speaks no English and a bunch of illegal ammo and coke in the back flies into airports not served by TSA ... and by airports I mean dirt strips where a bunch of guys in a Tahoe are waiting.

On the up side we operate a dual engine, dual pilot, all IFR capable fleet equipped with EGPWS, TCAS, Cat III ILS capability and all the fancy bits.

I keep a .44 Magnum N frame under my seat so I guess we have some security .. it also serves as your in flight meal if I don't like you, and probably a bit of lead poisoning too.

Reservations are now open, call 1-888-FLY-KIWI and speak to our helpful rep Mariano who habla un poco Ingles.

Note: Kiwi Air is not currently certified by the FAA under 14 CFR 121 nor are its pilots, dispatchers, mechanics or any other staff. Kiwi Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of Upidedownland Aviation Inc, a Delaware corporation and is currently under investigation by the Justice Department. Checked bag not included.

Man, great question Island...

I've never really thought about it. I'd always assumed that as the current shitheads in the TSA are federal that if you're getting on then you consent. But I've no idea what the legal standing is...

• 2 weeks later...

Since Dwayne has come back from the bush & is probably one of our more frequent flyers.

OK lets go off the rail in a slightly different track: How about airport screening where they make you go through a body scanner????

I don't fly so It won't affect me, but isn't it an X-ray scan?

medical procedure?????

Do You consent to that by wanting to get in an aluminum tube with engines for $$$

While they are sending x-rays through your body, they're not interested in what's inside you, rather they're interested in making a backscatter image of what's possibly concealed on you. No, it's not a medical procedure. You consent to a search when you buy the ticket to fly commercially. The type of search varies and you can refuse the imaging searches. If you do that and you choose to get on the commercial airplane, you essentially are consenting to a pat-down. If you refuse that, they don't have to allow you into the "sterile area" of the airport. That means, while you're a paying customer, you will miss your flight.

Your other 2 options are to fly in a private plane or charter one. While those may use the same runways as the commercial planes, they usually don't have the same search requirements of people flying on those airplanes.

Welcome to the city Akula:

As you can see we do have some interesting discussion here that require thinking, instead of the How many flashing lights can i stick on my 78 toyota that you keep finding at other sites that shall remain un-named.

My thought is, what do these officers really think they are accomplishing here? Best case scenario, they find a trivial, irrelevant amount of drugs up his rectum. Yet, they are parading him from hospital to hospital like he is Pablo fucking Escobar. How big do they think this man's anus is? Are they expecting a fully functional meth lab to drop out of this fellow's ass, or what? Furthermore, how far up ones ass can these drugs go? Honestly, if he shoved some contraband up there in the process of a drug stop, I think the digital exam and enemas would quite cover it. Actually, I take back the Escobar comment; they must think this man is Harry "fucking" Houdini. The whole endoscopy reeks of desperation. I wonder if they felt any shame at all after they stole this man's dignity and wasted untold hours serving this "important" warrant and just came up with shit?

These moronic tactics remind me of a recent episode of COPS. They were filming a team of five undercover cops in Louisiana who were operating a sting operation in an obviously poor, black neighborhood. The bait was a mountain bike of middling quality. Not a motorcycle, or a Car, or even a briefcase of cash. They were staking out a FUCKING mountain bike. When they apprehended the men stealing the bike, they acting like they'd just made the bust of the year, all back pats and high fives. It didn't even appear that it registered how insignificant and pathetic the whole operation was.

Edited by HellsBells

My thought is, what do these officers really think they are accomplishing here? Best case scenario, they find a trivial, irrelevant amount of drugs up his rectum. Yet, they are parading him from hospital to hospital like he is Pablo fucking Escobar. How big do they think this man's anus is? Are they expecting a fully functional meth lab to drop out of this fellow's ass, or what? Furthermore, how far up ones ass can these drugs go?

ht_x_ray_buzz_light_year_ss_w_jp_111212_

These moronic tactics remind me of a recent episode of COPS. They were filming a team of five undercover cops in Louisiana who were operating a sting operation in an obviously poor, black neighborhood. The bait was a mountain bike of middling quality. Not a motorcycle, or a Car, or even a briefcase of cash. They were staking out a FUCKING mountain bike. When they apprehended the men stealing the bike, they acting like they'd just made the bust of the year, all back pats and high fives. It didn't even appear that it registered how insignificant and pathetic the whole operation was.

Things like this are often done in relation to complaints from the community after there have been a large number of thefts. For a lot of these people, their bike is their only mode of transportation. To lose that means to lose their freedom to get around and possibly their ability to get to work. They're not going to use an expensive bike because that will be too obvious.

there is plenty of evidence of mules swallowing drug filled condoms and trafficking them into the country. Every now & then one shows up after a burst condom either dead or soon to be.

This case does not sound like that. It sounds like an out of control barney fife complex street cop with delusions of grandeur. His supervisors and the county attorney also played along with this nonsense , & in the end they found a DR and a hopsital to play into the same foolishness.

This guy has just so many different targets to sue.

Edited by island emt

A quick image search will bring up a bunch of x-rays of mules with condoms full of drugs in their belly. I've read stories of people who've swallowed up to several kilos of drugs in attempts to smuggle them into the country.

Kinda' crazy.

And +1 to Doc's explanation about the police.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.