Down & Out

chbare

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll drop an NPA. The snoring resperations sounds like he may still have a gag reflex and I don't want to deal with asperation at this point.

Want to start getting my vitals going.

Collapsed, twitched around Im thinking seizure and is presenting post dictal.

Lung problem? Are we talking chronic lung problem (emphiasema, lung cancer) or acute (pneumonia, infection). What meds are around? This could help us if the bystanders can't.

Whats his temp? Could we be looking at a high grade fever induced seizure? If so start breaking those cold packs out.

Edited by uglyEMT

Vital Signs: P-118, B/P- 150/102, SPO2-97% on a partial rebreather mask, T-38.2 Celsius, RR- 22 snoring resolves with that placement of a nasal airway and airway positioning (Patient does not accept an oral airway), BGL 7 mmol/L. Bystanders and not sure of the exact pulmonary history. The patient has several pill bottles in his bathroom. You see the following; rifampin, isoniazid, ethambutol and pyrazinamide.

The patient begins to develop tonic/clonic activity...

Hello,

Isoniazid can cause seizures.

Looks like TB medications to me.

The temperature is worrying as well. Dose he have abnormal muscle tone?

Cheers

Edited by DartmouthDave

N-95 masks on... Something no bueno is brewing here. Start 2 lines...as large as I can get em and start some fluids (LR/NS). Hook up the monitor.

I'm thinking a call to the health department will be in order after this call for everyone exposed to TB.