Questions about being a paramedic?

musicislife

Hi,

So i have been tasked with interviewing a healthcare professional (besides an EMT-B, since i am one) for a health care class that I am taking. I am interested in being a paramedic, so I would like to interview one. I also need your first name and your years experience as a paramedic. Thanks for your time!

1. What is the function/description of your discipline?

2. What educational and professional credentials are required for the discipline?

3. What kind of settings/environment do people in your field work in?

4. What personality traits and/or characteristics must an individual have to be “cut-out” for this discipline?

5. What drew you to this particular discipline?

Hi,

So i have been tasked with interviewing a healthcare professional (besides an EMT-B, since i am one) for a health care class that I am taking. I am interested in being a paramedic, so I would like to interview one. I also need your first name and your years experience as a paramedic. Thanks for your time!

1. What is the function/description of your discipline?

2. What educational and professional credentials are required for the discipline?

3. What kind of settings/environment do people in your field work in?

4. What personality traits and/or characteristics must an individual have to be “cut-out” for this discipline?

5. What drew you to this particular discipline?

ok, you already know this information, why not go for some other discipline that you don't know so you at least learn something. LIke interviewing a PA or a MD> And you should be doing this interview in person rather than off an anonymous internet site. If you transport patients to a hospital why not just grab a nurse and ask them those questions at the hospital if they aren't busy.

Edited by Captain ToHellWithItAll

I have to agree with the Captain. You're not going to be interviewing a patient over the internet. It's going to be in person. This is how you learn your interpersonal relationships and find out how you create a rapport with a future patient. That, for me is one of the most important things about being a medic. It's not all about the medicine; it's about people. They will know if you're fake or not.