Hello from Orange County, CA!

d3vilkitten

Hi ya'll! My name is Rachel, and I'm a new EMT-B out here in California. I just got my state and county cards, and am going to be getting my amb driver's license here shortly and can start applying to some EMS agencies around here. I'm 28, and chose this path with much consideration and encouragement from friends and family. I come from a mostly law enforcement/military family (semper fi!), and I want to eventually become a Paramedic, will be a first in my group!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys, and getting some good tips and advice for my kickstart here :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rachel,

Congratulations on getting your EMT-B, and welcome to the site. Good people live here.

Just wondering...Having just finished your EMT program and all the test's, I'm sure you have a good idea of the situations you will encounter as an EMT. From an educational point of view, what you were taught, how prepared do feel? What do you worry about as a new EMT?

Again, just curious.

Mike

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.