Zimmerman Verdict soon

Just Plain Ruff

Does anyone expect any issues with this verdict and having to respond to said issues?

Such a racially charged trial similar to the Rodney King trial in terms of publicity.

Do any of you expect riots or unrest if Zimmerman is found Not guilty?

Have you increased your EMS/Fire presence for the next week or so?

Does anyone expect any issues with this verdict and having to respond to said issues?

Such a racially charged trial similar to the Rodney King trial in terms of publicity.

Do any of you expect riots or unrest if Zimmerman is found Not guilty?

Have you increased your EMS/Fire presence for the next week or so?

uhm..Im in Idaho... We are pro-gun, Pro-rights, and dont have near the racism problems the south has...so ..uhm...not really.

I am not sure. It is a tough situation for sure and I think the jury has their work cut out for them. I do not envy the task that they face. Regarding rioting, I cannot say. There may be some unrest but I try to remain optimistic about humanity.

Wow, amazing how all of you with 3 black people in your state assume that we in the south are still wearing our klan outfits and burning crosses. Have you ever pondered why black people CHOOSE to live in the south (Atlanta, New Orleans, Memphis, Tupelo) versus moving to the racist North. If you have only a handful of blacks in your area, you might want to ask WHY ? Is it because there are no jobs for blacks, is it because your cities are "cold" (emotionally not temperature) to blacks. Why is it that tons of white people live near you, but no blacks ? I can assure you that the race issue is far more of an issue in Chicago than it is in Tampa (skinheads). This case has nothing to do with race, this is about a holster-sniffer who could not be a cop who wanted to be a hero. It did not matter that the kid was black, white, or purple, Zimmerman saw a chance to be a hero, and took it; but it went wrong. Racist in glass states should not throw burning crosses.

P.S. I am a black family who fears death from racist, but we all choose to live in the SOUTH, instead of the Midwest or Northwest. Yes, that makes sense.

But myself as a white person, chooses to live in the suburbs instead of downtown for my family's safety. Yes, that makes sense.

Edited by mikeymedic1984

Wow, amazing how those of you in the south assume that those that live in the north are all racists....

And of course this case is about race. The police had decided that it was a non issue before the public outcry, and that came because a black kid got shot in a decent neighbourhood...I've only just Googled it yesterday and followed the timelines...so I don't really have a dog in this fight...

I live in Colorado Springs, where, in my experience, relatively speaking, there are only a handful of blacks. There are also, in my experience, only a handful of Mexicans, Thais, Phillipinos, Cubans, Pollocks, Russians, Ethiopians, etc...Have we been cold to them all?? To the best of my knowledge, it's an amazingly tolerant city to all races, sexes and sexual orientations. Holy shit, we've just legalized weed! (Sort of)

Is it possible that blacks live often in the areas you mention because that is where their traditional U.S. heritage is?

Mikey, you're wicked smart, surely your not suggesting that in every community that has few blacks that blacks have moved there, been treated poorly, refused jobs, and then run back and told all of the other southern blacks how horrible it is there, preventing others from going?

Is there, like, a black party line for such things that I'm not aware of? Some sort of blackstuff.com that white people haven't heard about yet where you share such information?

I've never lived in Las Angeles, though I've visited...that's not where my small town culture lives, nor most of the attitudes or energy that I know. I live where I know how things work. Though, I've heard rumors on whiteysecrets.com (if that's a real website, it's coincidence only, as I just made it up) that there is a significant population of black families that have made their way out of the south.

Does discrimination happen still? Of course it does...possibly just as much black against white as white against black..., as well as brown against white, white against brown, black against brown, black against yellow and all other flavors of idiocy. But to claim that the main reason that many communities have only a few black families is because they are intolerant is craziness...

What is truly, terribly sad? That following generations of racism, that many blacks have chosen to celebrate the hard won victories of those that came before them, of all races, by claiming, "It's our turn to have ignorant hateful attitudes now!!"

What a waste...

• Like 1

Wow, amazing how all of you with 3 black people in your state assume that we in the south are still wearing our klan outfits and burning crosses. Have you ever pondered why black people CHOOSE to live in the south (Atlanta, New Orleans, Memphis, Tupelo) versus moving to the racist North. If you have only a handful of blacks in your area, you might want to ask WHY ? Is it because there are no jobs for blacks, is it because your cities are "cold" (emotionally not temperature) to blacks. Why is it that tons of white people live near you, but no blacks ? I can assure you that the race issue is far more of an issue in Chicago than it is in Tampa (skinheads). This case has nothing to do with race, this is about a holster-sniffer who could not be a cop who wanted to be a hero. It did not matter that the kid was black, white, or purple, Zimmerman saw a chance to be a hero, and took it; but it went wrong. Racist in glass states should not throw burning crosses.

P.S. I am a black family who fears death from racist, but we all choose to live in the SOUTH, instead of the Midwest or Northwest. Yes, that makes sense.

But myself as a white person, chooses to live in the suburbs instead of downtown for my family's safety. Yes, that makes sense.

Are you high????

Seriously, calling anyone who lives in a northern smaller town with a small black population racists? I am also from Colorado Springs. I must have lived in a different area than Dwayne because we had a pretty decent amount of minorities.

Maybe minorities dont choose to live in small towns where there is not many black people because they choose to stay near their families? Maybe they choose to stick where they were raised? Maybe they don't want to live in a town full of white people, I don't know. However I am friends with 2 of the black people in our town and they enjoy living here. They have never run into any kind of racism here. They moved here because of a job transfer.

That post above was one of the most ignorant posts I've seen on here. Way to play the racist card!

• Like 2