Accelerated/Cheap EMT-Basic in Colorado

G'morning, Ladies and Gents!

I'm brand new to the forum, and I came here looking for help finding accelerated/cheap EMT-Basic classes in Colorado, so if you know something I don't, I'd sure appreciate the help smile.gif. I've already exhausted everything Google and Bing could tell me, which is like trying to get tech support from an East Indian phone center, so please don't give me search results that you just pulled up from either of those two. I will stress the words accelerated and/or cheap, as those are all I'm looking for. I've been privy to too many debates about whether fast is better than/equal to/inferior to traditional-length programs, so please don't make this an argument/intervention. I'm not looking for a doctoral EMT-B. I just want to get my certification as fast and cheaply as possible, since I need to have it before I start paramedic school in January. Any thoughts? smile.gif

Coney Fox

. I just want to get my certification as fast and cheaply as possible, since I need to have it before I start paramedic school in January.

Oooohhh..... i was getting anoyed then you ended with that... if thats your motivation then im cool with it.

But i live in australia, so i cant help you with your question

Welcome to the city

You know Coney, it strikes me wrong when you say, "Hi all..I could sure use some help.... but don't give me any Google bullshit, or any of your stupid opinions...."

Good luck in your search...

Which fire dept is offering your accelerated medic course?

• Like 1

I would have though if it is only as a pre-requisite to a proper paramedic program you guys would be cool with it?

No, I think you should become a good EMT to become a good paramedic

I didn't have to be an emt at all to be a good paramedic.

I fact many people here argue that there is little to no advantage in EMT before paramedic, so purely as a pre requisite for a proper program, i dont see an issue with it.

I would have though if it is only as a pre-requisite to a proper paramedic program you guys would be cool with it?

Unfortunately, we don't know if the OP will be matriculating into a proper paramedic program. Given the content, tone and nature of the request I'm a little suspicious.

No, I think you should become a good EMT to become a good paramedic

EMT may be a prerequisite of the program but it is not necessary to be a good paramedic.