uniforms

we are in the process of re evaluating our uniforms. Some want the 5.11 emt pants and a uniform shirt. Some express an interest in the 5.11 jumpsuit. Has any one used and/or is using the 5.11 jumpsuit. Any input will help

Don'y know that I like the idea of a jumpsuit for anything in EMS, easier to change a pair of pants or a shirt than the whole jumpsuit.

Just a thought...

I have seen and worked with a lot of crews, just from transfers or assists.. and the only crews I've ever seen in a jump suit were the flight crew. And I have seen 25 to 30 different paid and unpaid services

One of the ground services near us has the option of a jumpsuit but most people don't care for them. They are too hot, at least in Texas. I have some 5.11 pants and they are ok. We wear the 5.11 polo shirts and they are great! They don't need to be ironed, they last forever, and they have pen pockets. What more could you ask for?! :icecream:

We work 24 hour on call and frequently respond from home. During the night it's easier to get into a jumpsuit than it is the pants and shirt. However, during the day we wear pants and shirt.

My VAC used to use jumpsuits. Due to the color being green, we were a favorite unit at the St. Patricks Day Parades.

Then, I got this e-mailed ad...

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Shorts/Tactical-Shorts/Tactical-Duty-Kilt.html?utm_source=eml_tdk2013_1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tdk2013

Not for me!

Edited by Richard B the EMT

• 2 weeks later...

Thank GOD you are looking at real uniforms, I am so sick of EMS personnel dressing like landscapers (t-shirts). I would not use jump suits, just because they tend to be tight in the crotch for dudes, its hard to pick a suit that accomodates breasts well, and anyone you have that weighs more than 200lbs will not look professional in a jump suit.

I would stick with the traditional shirt and pants, if you do not know "Dickies" makes a pair of EMS style pants with pockets on the side, that are half the price of EMS Pants (like $25.00), they do not "fade" as fast, and they are sold at Walmart in the men's section (most cities have walmarts that are closer then public safety uniform stores).

Polyester pants will melt on your skin if flames ever get close.

Dont be afraid to use non-traditional colored shirts (lime green, yellow, red, orange) it makes your folks stand-out at large scenes or events, and may make them more visible in the road-way.

P.S. If I had the power, I would have us wear clip on ties (male and female), it is time we go back to a professional look.

Edited by mikeymedic1984

P.S. If I had the power, I would have us wear clip on ties (male and female), it is time we go back to a professional look.

While I agree with the idea of presenting a more professional appearance than what, observationally speaking, seems to have become the norm, I cannot agree with the idea that we should wear ties whether they be clip on or not.

Here's one reason. Here's another. There are other studies out there. I just didn't want to get carried away.

So, no. No ties.

Thank GOD you are looking at real uniforms, I am so sick of EMS personnel dressing like landscapers (t-shirts). I would not use jump suits, just because they tend to be tight in the crotch for dudes, its hard to pick a suit that accomodates breasts well, and anyone you have that weighs more than 200lbs will not look professional in a jump suit.

Mikey: It may be different out on the left coast, but around here people don't care what I'm wearing when they need our help. They are just glad to have our knowledge and talent come to their aid at the worst time of their lives. I respond with a job shirt or polo shirt and pants. I do have a jumpsuit for late nights or colder weather and they fit fine as long as you buy the correct size. you must have big balls and large breasts if you can't find one that fits.

While I agree looking professional is a nice image, a fancy uniform does not make you a great provider or even a half way decent bandaid mechanic.

If you want a tie go back to being a cop or sell insurance.

Edited by island emt
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.