Alberta EMT-A Industrial Day Rate

BEorP

Hey guys,

I am just hoping to get some feedback to know whether what I have been offered is fair for an industrial day rate for an EMT-A in Albera. Is $350 a reasonable rate to work for a company with a good reputation?

Thanks!

That's a bit high. $325 is the norm in most places. I offer more, but my slaves only work during the day on the line, then return to camp for the night off. Biggest problem is that the pipeline workers are pretty hard core and might work 16 to 18 hours a day at times, so your day sitting in that pickup truck could get pretty darned long.

Thanks guys. The way they phrased it in the email from them I wasn't sure if this was something that I was in a position where I need to negotiate to get something fair, but it sounds like what I have been offered is decent so I will go with it. Thanks again.

Usually transportation from a central area if remote, otherwise a work vehicle is provided on site. housing meals and equipment are typically the expense of the worksite and the company.

does it include meals , transportation ,housing ,equipment at company expense?

With the company I worked for this last September meals were included at the camp or you were paid a daily per diem ($40/day, non-taxable). All required equipment/medical direction was supplied (bring your own stethoscope if you don't like garbage and a pulse ox if you don't like hyper-oxygenating your patients). Flights to and from were payed for. Pay was $625/day for EMT-P/ACP, and $325/day for EMT-A/PCP. They were great to work for and took care of their people better than most public ambulance services.

I ended up working both sides of the BC/Alta. border because I'm dual registered (something I highly recomend doing). The pay rates I quoted are predicated on being dual registered. If you're not you can knock $25/day off of the rates I just quoted.

If I wasn't working targeted ALS in Vancouver right now I would work for these guys again. PM me if you're interested in getting a hold of them.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.