• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Room 1:

Come check out the updated chat room.  Any member can use the chat.  Just click the "Chat Room" menu item.

Photo
- - - - -

Might be moving to Baltimore area

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ruffmeister Paramedic

Ruffmeister Paramedic

Chief in charge of my making my family happy Officer

• Chat Room Moderator
  • 8,348 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

I need some advice and would like to speak one on one with someone in this area.

I need some personal advice on the following things

1.  Apartment living - Near linthicum or the area near the Airport - willing to live in that immediate area.  

2.  Schools

3.  Housing - Looking for a 3-4 BR house within 1 hour drive (rush hour of course) of Linthicum  budget of 215K  home does not need to be brandnew.  Can be a slight fixerupper.  

PM Me if you can help.  

I do not want to live in the city of baltimore or many of the other cities as I hear the taxes are pretty prohibitive.

I do have a HR person working with me so I'm in good hands but another local person who can help me is always good.  

#2 ERDoc

ERDoc

5-38-BUFF

• Elite Members
  • 3,871 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I can't give you any specific info about Baltimore but check out zillow.com for your house hunting needs.

#3 island emt

island emt
  • Elite Members
  • 2,114 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Look as far away from downtown baltimore as you can tolerate for a commute for both more reasonable prices , taxes and school quality. Crime in the city is high.

Western MD has some country towns & cities and the PA border is not too far north.

Have friends on the eastern shore, Very pricey real estate & taxes. Also have friends up above Frederick that have a 4 acre homesite with all of the neighbors having similar properties. Good schools and nice area of state with a  small town feel. Prices are more reasonable, not sure about the taxes.

#4 scubanurse

scubanurse
  • Elite Members
  • 1,792 posts
  • Interests:(OIIIIO)
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Ellicott City is a great place with pretty good schools.  My uncle teaches at Eastern Tech and I'll give him a ring this weekend to talk about schools.  That's kind of my old stomping grounds so I'll do some digging.  I have another uncle who lives in Baltimore proper and I can ask him about housing also as he works construction.

#5 Ruffmeister Paramedic

Ruffmeister Paramedic

Chief in charge of my making my family happy Officer

• Chat Room Moderator
  • 8,348 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

We are actually leaning towards not selling our current house and renting it out and living in a larger apartment home for at least the first 2 years.  Have the renters pay the mortgage.  

This is a dream job which will truly advance my career in ways that were unheard of even two or three years ago, at least in my opinion. 

I get to build a team, learn a new software application and grow from there.  

The job site is in LInticum which is within a 10 mile radius of the Baltimore airport so I am going to start with apartment homes close to that area.

My wife and I will be taking a trip there (with our son who we are trying to involve as much as possible because this move will affect him most of all) within the next two weeks.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users