Midwest blizzard/winter storm

To all my EMS Friends in the midwest. There's a storm a coming and they say that it's bound to be a bad one.

In the KC MO area and parts surrounding they say it might be the worst this year or even in the past two or three years.

It should start tomorrow night and not end till Friday if I heard the weather right.

So buckle down and get your supplies laid in and if you live in an area where the powerlines are NOT buried and are above ground but under the trees, a good plan would be to get lots of blankets and also stock up on firewood for your fireplace.

Make sure you have your phones charged as well.

Good luck and God speed.

If you are working the next three or four days, keep lots of pocket warmers and wear extra layers of clothing and make sure you keep warm.

Drive safe and slow, remember, it's their emergency NOT yours. Don't make it yours too.

• Like 1

Thank You. I am on call to drive Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I was told to call the city for a plow if needed to lead the way. One hour we are told 6-8 inches, the next it is 12-14 inches. Now it is 8-10 . I don't believe they know quite yet. I do know the winds will be strong so even 6 could be bad.

Everyone stay safe!

We went to the store and got groceries on Sunday. Have the 5 gal buckets ready to fill and set in the tub. Got my moms coffee pot ready (old fashioned on the stove perculator). Propane bottles in the ready to use on the propane heater we have. Have 8 gallons of bottled water for drinking and cooking if needed. We have the tractors ready with the blades on them. We are good to go. Now if only people will stay off Interstate 29, if not at least drive according to what conditions dictate. A few years ago when we had the blizzards right after another and sheer ice on the interstate, we had people sliding every which way and getting cars buried in snow drifts. They did not understand why they were getting tickets for speeding when they were going 70 and that was the speed limit. Needless to say there were a lot of unhappy motorist with cars that were left because of a no tow order and tickets to boot. We are to get somewhere between 8 and 11 inches or more. Just have to wait and see, got my gear ready in case we do have to go out. Everyone else stay safe and warm.

The updated forecast is for KC and surrounding areas is 6-20 inches of snow all the way to the Iowa border with mininal ice.

I just got 4 bundles of wood, got a 20 pound bag of ice melt, a new snow shovel, a bunch of food supplies and we are ready for a long winters nap.

Ruff you and your family stay safe. Between what they forecast and what we actually get is a tossup.

MariB, know where O'Brien is, next door to Sioux and one county below the Iowa Border. I don't know how much snow you folks will get. From the looks of things we are getting slammed from the south.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.