Burns, burns, more burns and a few peds

A couple people I know recently took the NREMT. The biggie lately is burns and peds!

I'm sure when I take mine it will focus more on something else, but that's what the talk is right now.

You can never base a "what if " on what others have seen. The whole thing with computer adaptive testing , is it will change the questions depending on the quality of your success in earlier questions. It adapts to your correct or incorrect answers on a given subject.

Shades of Orwells 1984 and big brother all over again

Well wouldn't you know, burns is the chapter I haven't even read yet. Unfortunately, my daughter has pneumonia and I pit my studies aside a few days. Lucky for me, the lecture was good and my quiz was aced, however, I need to go back yo that chapter. Im coming up on the end of my schooling

Im coming up on the end of my schooling

No, you're not. You're coming up on the end of the classroom section of this particular part of your education. Your schooling will (and should) continue for years and years and years.

I'm sure you're aware of this. However, I think it is important enough to say again and again and again.

Hope your daughter feels better.

• Like 1

Yes, you are right. Im coming up on the end of my EMT classes.

My daughter has bacterial pneumonia. Complicated by an allergy to guficien. Its been a rough rough road.

I heard her making weird noises the other morning and walked in to hear grunting and wheezing on my own child. Resp fast and shallow, forceful cough with bloody sputum.

I was already upset from no returned calls asking the doctor for a neb or something to loosen her chest.

Anyway, experience told me I could make the hospital in 3 minutes. No cyanosis. 7Alertx3.

called ER enroute. We arrived to an IV, a Nebulizer and pain pills.

She felt better almost immediately after the neb.

After several blood tests and x-rays, we are now finally getting a productive cough! . However, they did do another TB test to rule it out.

Edited by MariB

The EMT burn lectures are not very complicated. A synopsis of vital information should not be more than a page or so long. Pay special attention to at risk groups.

I wish it was just a page or so. I have just don't 40 pages of reading on open and closed chest wounds. . Our burn chapters went over about 20 pages and over 2 hours of lecture.

My EMT class is also being offered as 6 college credits. It has to follow specific guidelines to be able to do this. It is also a 2 semester course. There are some avaliable in half this time around here, but my squad prefers this program.

We cover the basics but also with each medical issue or trauma also study the physiology of the issue at hand.

But your original post referenced NREMT testing not how many pages or designated in the book toward the subject or how much time your class assigns to burns. If your school is giving additional information that is a plus. Everything you need to know for the NREMT will fit on a couple of pages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.