Hello. So where are you a EMT or medic?

Firefighter01

I am just here for the free coffee and donuts and to go on long, deconstructive rants about various topics.

If I ever overcome my aversion to chemistry I might become docktorb ... but I dno, I hear medical school is pretty relenting, they even want you to know iz proton!

Not all of us can graduate Cums A Lot with a BSc in Biochemistry from Stoners of Brooklyn University

Yes Emergentologist I have been LinkedIn stalking you :D

Wouldn't it be easier just to send me a friend request or whatever the hell we call them on linkedin?

I'm an EMT from Arizona...currently seekin work! Oh yeah and taking medic classes as well as surg. tech. Ugh, well, anyways.... Joining this fourm has already proved worth it with the laughs this, and other feeds have already given me! Let the fun continue ;-)

• Like 1

I'm an EMT from Arizona...currently seekin work! Oh yeah and taking medic classes as well as surg. tech. Ugh, well, anyways.... Joining this fourm has already proved worth it with the laughs this, and other feeds have already given me! Let the fun continue ;-)

How long is your Surgical Technologist program, and how do you like the OR? I've been a ST and then a surgeons first assist for ah...well I started in 1986. You have a lot on your plate if you're taking medic and ST classes. Vacillating a little bit on the career path?

How long is your Surgical Technologist program, and how do you like the OR? I've been a ST and then a surgeons first assist for ah...well I started in 1986. You have a lot on your plate if you're taking medic and ST classes. Vacillating a little bit on the career path?

I'd say I have another year and a half + for both maybe two years to play it safe. I abosolutly love the OR and ER, Emergency surgery is a dream of mine....hope to aspire to that level one day. Back in 2006 i was about half way through the ST program and ended up dropping out (was young and stupid) unfortunately the school closed and credits were not transferable (guess it wasn't such a creditable school) right now I'm attending Central Arizona College and will be transfering to Northern Arizona University, luckily the ST and Medic programs have quite a few of the same courses through the begining.Honestly I love both so much that there isn't much wavering, Just a strong passion for both. I do understand that it is a huge undertaking, but I figure I know what I want and as I get older I realize oppertunity does not alway knock, so I'm working my a$$ of now to be prepared for any unforseen circumstances in the future or further changes in our economy. I want to be able to do one or both of the careers that I love, no matter what might come my way. I'm greatly encouraged to hear that I am not the only one with these passions!

First assist, cool,

I'm currently an American paramedic in Komo, Papua New Guinea. I work for a company that, amongst other things, supplies medical personnel to really remote parts of the world.

Man, I'm maybe having a grumpy day, I'm not sure, but why did so many of you in this thread find it hard to at least answer the question while having your fun??

Remember back in the old days when we taught our new folks acceptable behavior here by setting a good example first? Like showing some respect for the first thread of a new member?

Grammar is terribly important in my opinion, not only for efficient communication but also for more clear and logical thinking and reasoning. Correcting it should be a favor, again as it used to be, but for some reason we seem to have come to believe that trying to humiliate people into using proper grammar isn't only productive (it isn't) but fun...and I don't see how anyone can find the humiliation and most often elimination of new members here, to be fun.

If this memeber comes back, which he almost certainly won't if history is used as evidence, he will have learned to be rude, to make jokes throughout the threads of others without making the slightest effort to contribute, and that EMT City, like much of EMS, is made up of about 80% arrogant assholes with a few kind, productive folks sprinkled in. And we should all be ashamed of that.

I am encourage though by the fact that those that made the most effort to particiapte in a good spirit, with some obvious exceptions, were also those with lower post counts...I'm not sure what that means, but perhaps it bodes well for our future...

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.