• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Shit at work meets shit at home

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#6 MariB

MariB
  • Members
  • 529 posts
  • Interests:Black belt in Taekwondo.Spending time outdoors.
Good

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Police! If he is touching them inappropriately, call the police!

#7 MikeEMT

MikeEMT
  • Members
  • 184 posts
Good

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

As a former cop myself I will tell you that Police involvement isn't always the best. People often misunderstand what the police are for. Criminal charges can be brought forth without police involvement. If this alleged touching occurred recently then by all means call the police. However, if this has occurred months ago then police involvement is not likely going to help. A lawyer can do what a police officer can as far as recommending charges, getting a no contact order, etc. 

I am going to be brutally honest, both as a former cop and a as a former private investigator working on cases like this. Your daughters' word wont have much weight in a court of law. Courts rely on Physical Evidence which can be proven. While hearsay and circumstantial evidence can be used to get a conviction it is much more difficult. In addition, the legal process is NOT kid friendly. Your kids will be cross examined on a stand. They will be called liars and other terms by the defense. It is what they do. Many kids who testify require extensive therapy afterwards. I have been associated with lawyers on both sides as a PI. It is ugly. 

I do NOT want to discourage you from going forward with legal proceedings if you feel it is necessary. However, I feel that people should be aware of what they are about to get into. It wont be fun for you or for your kids. If you have any questions about the process feel free to PM me. 

I wish you the best of luck. 

#8 MariB

MariB
  • Members
  • 529 posts
Good

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

As a former cop myself I will tell you that Police involvement isn't always the best. People often misunderstand what the police are for. Criminal charges can be brought forth without police involvement. If this alleged touching occurred recently then by all means call the police. However, if this has occurred months ago then police involvement is not likely going to help. A lawyer can do what a police officer can as far as recommending charges, getting a no contact order, etc. 

I am going to be brutally honest, both as a former cop and a as a former private investigator working on cases like this. Your daughters' word wont have much weight in a court of law. Courts rely on Physical Evidence which can be proven. While hearsay and circumstantial evidence can be used to get a conviction it is much more difficult. In addition, the legal process is NOT kid friendly. Your kids will be cross examined on a stand. They will be called liars and other terms by the defense. It is what they do. Many kids who testify require extensive therapy afterwards. I have been associated with lawyers on both sides as a PI. It is ugly. 

I do NOT want to discourage you from going forward with legal proceedings if you feel it is necessary. However, I feel that people should be aware of what they are about to get into. It wont be fun for you or for your kids. If you have any questions about the process feel free to PM me. 

I wish you the best of luck. 

she stated "Dad is touching her" it is currently happening and her daughter is still living with that man. He is a danger to a child. What good would leaving a child in a dangerous situation do while screwing around and trying to get a lawyer when she clearly stated that is not an option right now?

#9 paramedicmike

paramedicmike
  • EMT City Sponsor
  • 3,441 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Mari, did you read anything Mike wrote?

#10 MariB

MariB
  • Members
  • 529 posts
Good

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Yes, he apparently missed the part where she stated this touching was still going on. It wasn't done a long time ago, the child is still living with the father and the father is still molesting the daughter. He missed that part

Most of the time, kids will not need to testify against their parent in court. Their testimony can be done privately behind closed doors. The court assigns people to protect the children from being raked over the coals.

Edited by MariB, 23 January 2013 - 02:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users